Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Slips, flooding & Accidents

Luckily (or unluckily......can't decide?) I left for work at 7.30am (normal time) and had a slower trip to work because of the horendous weather but managed to still manage it in under 30 minutes. Within 30 minutes of being here, the traffic report on the radio came on and there seems to be absolute caos in Wellington and the Hutt Valley today...........major slip on the motorway, flooding everywhere and heaps of nose to tail accidents. The winds here are up to about 90km an hour and are suppose to get to about 110km before the end of the day and the rain is just pelting down PLUS it's cold.

Righto - that's the weather and traffic update for Wellington (just in case you were interested.....hehehe).

My little fella has finally come right after basically a week of feel horrible, he still has a wee cough but NOTHING like it has been...........YAY!

I have had to work late for the last 2 nights so haven't updated as I was exhausted by the time the end of the day arrived. Now I am sitting here thinking about what to tell you all, I am drawing a blank.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm nope, just can't think of anything to say.

Eating = Average
Exercise = None
Water = Average
Clothes = Don't fit!
Fingers and nose = numb
Blah blah blah

Ta ta 4 now

7 comments:

Helena said...

*giggle* thanks for that, glad I'm at home now :) hope your fingies warm up real soon :D

Sue said...

Took my boy over two hours from Strathmore to Petone!

Me said...

All I can say is "thank goodness I don't live there" !!! The Gold Coast has much more pleasant weather (except when we have occassional floods) but definitely nothing like you have over there.
Having said that I can totally relate to the fingers and nose being numb - even though it doesn't get that cold here - mine are always cold (actually you can add feet to my list !!)
Cheers and have a good day 1
Me

Chubbymum said...

Times like those I am glad I don't live in Wellington. Plus there is more traffic there than Hamilton.

BRRRRR is all I can think of to say he he he

Glad you updated

Love CM

Ang said...

Don't worry its just as bad over this side of the hill! Minus the traffic problems. (although I did see the end result of a car crash on the way home from the gym.)

Kt said...

glad to hear your wee man is getting better :) weather sounds crazy in welly!

Anne said...

It's bad enough up here - wouldn't like to be in Wgton at the mo!