Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wellington weather

Don't ya just hate Wellington weather, I was just reading on stuff (www.stuff.co.nz) about how there is a heatwave in Europe (can you believe it?) and then looked out our window at work and it is foggy, windy, raining and cold *sigh*.

Anyway enough about the stinky weather I have a big weekend planned, I know it is only Thursday but it seems to be getting busier and busier.

Saturday morning I have 2 friends coming around that I haven't seen in months, I use to work nights at ACC (data entry) and I worked with these ladies and they made the 2nd job not just bearable but fun. I really miss them as I now work days (duh!) and one still works nights and the other now owns her own business and is mega busy all the time and is moving soon. Both have 3 kids each and that means that with my 2, we are going to have 8 kids coming on Saturday morning and us 3 girls (hubby has opted for golf - shock horror). I only have a small house 110sqm and I was sort of hoping that it would be a lovely sunny day and we could kick the kids outside to play but I have just looked at the weather report for Saturday and it is horrible :(
Basically I am going to make sure they have lots of food and drinks available and get the boys board games out plus with the toy box and books they should leave us alone to have a girl chat (stop laughing, it could happen).

THEN

Saturday afternoon (4pm) I am going to another friends house (old neighbour) as we are also quite close but I haven't seen her since Adam's birthday and I have missed 2 of her kids birthdays (we buy for each other's kids). I have their pressies but just haven't had a chance to get over to see her but I am guessing that after my full on morning I am going to be glad to get out of the house for an hour or so.

Saturday night is THE GAME so I think we are having Andrew's cousin and wife over (also our kids godparents) which will be nice because once again we don't catch up with them enough.

Sunday - NOTHING!!!! I am going to hopefully have a lazy Sunday (here's hoping).

I am still 'SUPER DIET GIRL' and actually enjoying it this time around (go figure). I have it in my head now that I AM going to get into my summer clothes and I am going to get that promotion at the end of the year and I am going to look professional and I am NOT going to let anyone influence me into doing (or eating) anything I don't want to do!!! (Who is that talking...hahaha).

My exercise still sux but I am working on that, I am still doing Sue's 'use the stairs' challenge (thanks Sue, I am in massive amounts of pain *groan*) and hubby is building me a gym......
Yep you read right, a gym......cool ah?
We cleaned out the spare room and I was going to set up my bike in there BUT we tried this and it took up practically the whole room (with other furniture in there) so we have decided to clean the garage out and set it up as a gym. All his 'boy, tool stuff' has been finally put away into cabinets and shelves which he has built and we are going to (hopefully) line the remaining 3 walls (one is already gibbed) and then set up the stereo and set the bike up plus either hire or buy us a treadmill (eventually) and we have a few weights. Hubby has decided that he wants to lose a bit of weight and get fit as well and also wants to support me but with 2 kids, its a bit hard both of us getting out and about so he said that since we don't use the garage as a garage (junk shed really) we should use it for ourselves. I can't wait because I would rather be at home doing some exercise because I don't feel comfortable walking our streets alone and trying to get to the gym these days seems impossible. So Andrew will hopefully get most of it done this weekend (still building a few shelves for his junk) and I can get into it next week.

I had the yummiest dinner last night of salad and crumped chicken. I only had 1 piece of chicken (I use to eat 2 or 3 in the past) and a mountain of salad and I was SO FULL that I couldn't even have a coffee afterwards. Andrew had the same and really enjoyed it, he usually doesn't like 'rabbit food' when I eat salad but he thought he would try it last night and enjoyed it. All I have to do now is get the kids to eat it...................any ideas?

Tonight my sister is coming over for dinner as her husband in on a Boys Golf Trip in Australia and I haven't been shopping yet so have NOTHING in the cupboards BUT I forgot my lunch today (first time) so I ate 1 (yes just 1) roast beef sandwich from the canteen and the ham and salad vogels sandwich I made for lunch I intend to have for dinner which mean Kim (sister), Andrew and the kids are having pizza for tea..............lazy ah? Bugger it, I can't be fagged cooking a big meal when I don't get any of it (hahaha) plus Andrew won't be home until about 7pm and the kids will eat early........blah blah blah
Funnilly enough - I would rather have my sandwich than a slice of pizza.

Oh my god - is anyone still reading this novel? God I can ramble.

Talk to you all soon *grin*.

6 comments:

Ang said...

I'd rather have a yummy sandwich too... strange huh! There is just something about mmmmm yummy bread. lol.
oh your own private gym - aren't you lucky! The best bit will be getting to play your own music! (Cause the stuff at my gym is very very very average.)

Chubbymum said...

Yes I read the novel... and liked it he he he. OMG your own gym hun that is fantastic... bet you are excited.

You tell me that I am busy OMG girl... are you going to have time to breath in the weekend he he he

Love CM

Karen said...

I love reading other gals "novels" LOL Especially since I know I tend to rave on myself at times....
Yay your own gym - that will be lots of fun but once bubs is here and its summer time perhaps we can do some walks together???
And yes you are going to have a VERY BUSY Saturday so I do hope you get a chance to blob out and relax on Sunday (when the weather is SUPPOSED to be great)!
Talk soon

Helena said...

Homemade pizza is the bomb - pita bread, ff ham, light cheese, stacks of veges ... woohoo go you!

Kt said...

wow, thats pretty cool about the hubby sorting a gym out for u!! hope u r having a great wknd!

Hi said...

That heatwave in the UK is crazy huh! My mum lives in Bristol and bro lives in London and they are feeling it! My excercise sucks too, so thats one of my goals this week is to kick my butt into gear. Take care chick!