Monday, June 26, 2006

Weigh In.....

107.6kgs ..........gain of 400grams *blush*

Well I could say that it was the Triple chocolate brownie I had for lunch the other day but I would be lying. It was the brownie as well as the chinese I ate for dinner last week (Thursday night I think?) plus the fish and chips we had on Friday night (I actually had 2 1/2 chip sandwiches) plus the quick easy crappy food I ate on the weekend (my worse time of the week) which consisted of eggs on toast + extra toast on Saturday morning, toast and toast on Sunday morning and then nuggets, chips and mini pizza's (from the supermarket) last night for dinner...............getting my drift?
Anyway I am thanking my lucky stars it wasn't more than that and I am back to 'Super Diet girl - Mon - Fri'.

Thankfully I got heaps of exercise on the weekend as Andrew and I cleared out our storage unit (saving me $50.00 a week thankyou!) and my muscles are definately feeling it.
Plus I got to list heaps of things (more tonight) on Trademe which have been junking up the place for ages.

.......................

Just got back from lunch (all that typing made me hungry....hehe) and I ate 4 vitaweat's with vegemite and cheese(4.5 points I think) so I'm happy with that.

It started raining on my way back and has now intensified (Bugger!) which will stop Andrew in his tracks as I have just rang him and he has started building our deck out the back (Yay!).
Talking of Andrew, he has a bad back and it has been playing up lately so he has been sleeping on the couch (most of last week) but it was feeling really good on the weekend so he came to bed on Saturday night and by 4am he was in agony again which meant back on the couch he went.
We have a King Size bed which we bought only 3 years ago (cost a fortune) and we got quite a firm mattress (thinking of his back) but the last couple of weeks he just can't sleep on it (poor him, lucky me - king size bed to myself), he has been going to the Osteopath for his usual 'cracking' but to no avail. Here's my dilema - we can't afford a new bed and he can't forever sleep on the couch, so what do we do?

As we spent quite a lot of time at the storage unit on the weekend, we took the kids bikes and they rode around the place (which was empty except for us) for ages which made them really tired and they slept just awesome on the weekend..yay for small miracles.
Adam did have a really rose cheek and I think he is getting his 2 year old teeth but didn't grizzle once (bless him). They are both hypo little boys and the running (or riding) around most of the weekend really worked a treat so we are going to have to think of more activities we can do in the winter that will have the same effect.....hehehe.

Right - back to work I go.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Firm beds can actually be bad for your back, as there is not enough cushioning. Sometimes you need a firm base but with plenty of sponginess on top, to sort of 'wrap around' and give lots of support. It might be worth trying a sponge topper pad to see if that helps.

Kate said...

That's so wierd eh? You'd think a firm bed would be good - my parents had the same problem - they went from a waterbed to a firm bed, and both of them couldn't stand it. Their backs felt better with the waterbed.

Looks like all your exercise etc served you well to minimise your gain - and 400gms will be off again in no time!

Karen said...

Bugger about the gain but am sure all the exercise clearing out the unit minimised it :) And no doubt you will be rid of it next week.
Have a good week hun

Ang said...

Bummer bout the gain - but this is the start of a brand new week. (Or at least thats what I'm trying to convince myself!)