Friday, October 20, 2006

The Beat Girls

These women are amazing, they sing hits from the 60's, 70's & 80's from the 'girl bands' (ie. Andrew sisters, The Supreme's etc) and have been together for 10 years.
The have sung at the last 2 Olympic games and they come from dinky old Wellington in New Zealand............gotta love that!!! We went and seen there show last night and they were excellent, the only down side to it is that we were all seating (movie theatre style) so couldn't get up and dance.

We had dinner before hand at the theatre the Beat girls were playing at and I had a glass of Sav and a Spinach and Feta filo pastry. Andrew had a filo pastry as well as a Beef & Vegetable roll (sort of like a sausage roll) and a BIG piece of chocolate cake which I did have a bit of......yummy!




Haven't been to the gym for the last 2 days as I have had something on both days and just couldn't spare 1 hours (pathetic aye?) but I intend to put in an EXTRA effort today!!

My eating and water intake has been on target so I am pleased with that but I am hoping to get some bike riding done on the weekend.

We have a long weekend this weekend but have nothing planned (love that!). I'm hoping the weather report is wrong (rain and cold) so we can get the kids out and about.
I want to go and pick Reece's birthday cake plus another small cake to have at Kohanga on his last day from the bakery which sounds very un-motherly like but I can't bake! I made Reece a birthday cake when he was 3 and put heaps of effort into it but when he turned 4 he asked "Mum can I get a birthday cake from the shop this time, please don't make one", so that pretty much summed up what he thought of his cake the year before.....................LOL
That's it, nothing else planned..............isn't that cool?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Glad you enjoyed the show - I would loved to have gone as I think it would have been awesome! :)
We have nothing planned this weekend either so who knows might drop you a txt or call ya and perhaps we can catch up for coffee and a chat?

Chubbymum said...

I know what you mean about not having anything planned woohoo...

The Beat Girls show sounded fantastic... it is great going to dinner and then to a show aye...always makes me feel like an adult he he he even though I still feel like a child he he he

Don't fear about the gym knowing you you haven't sat still for a while so that would make up for it he he he unless that alcohol hits ya he he he

Love ya babe
CM

sandii said...

hey there... nothing beats a quiet weekend! hopefully the weather will be good and you and the family can get out and about for a bit.

off to Sydney - am looking forward to all the walking i'll get done tmw, my food has been a tad off this week! but have been doing my running so that's at least one thing in my favour!

read you soon
:-)