Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Long weekend

After a lovely lunch at Mitre 10 Mega with Karen (yes I had the chicken salad AGAIN), I headed back to work for a lazy afternoon.

We unfortunately had the worst weather over our long weekend which isn't unusual for Labour weekend. I can only remember 1 time in the last 18 years that we had a lovely weekend......sad ay!

Saturday and Sunday Andrew played in a golf tournament so was away from 7am to about 1.30pm both days and because the weather was horrible the boys and I stayed indoors and played. I don't remember doing one bit of housework both days and just had fun with my kids, we made huge cubbyhouses and played trains (lined all the chairs in our house up as a train), then we played cards and tried to do a jigsaw puzzles but these were a bit too much for little Adam and he constantly messed everything up.

I then managed to get out for a coffee and catch up with Helena, Karen and Jo which was lovely and never long enough!

On Sunday we also decided to cook some Chocolate Crackles, we made a big bach of these (24 in total) and I managed to polish off 8....................oh yes 8!!!!!

Sunday night's dinner was a nice healthly chicken stir fry that I then ruined with 2 biscuits with my coffee *shakes head* and then Monday morning I had 4 Vogels toast for breakie, will I never learn (apparently not - read on).
Sunday we went out visiting friends with kids and that was nice as the kids all managed to run off some 'stuck indoor' energy and we toddled off to get some trellis for the deck and then popped into a local cafe for a coffee. It was getting late so we got McDonald's for the kids on the way home and Andrew and I were just going to have something light but he ended up having chops (I can't eat chops - too fatty) so I polished off half a cheese burger and chips plus a couple of nuggetts of the kids and felt so guilty that I had another 3 chocolate crackles.......mmmmm not good choices at all!!!!

I really don't know why I had such a bad weekend of eating (and no exercise), I could blame the weather or because we were stuck indoors but they aren't excuses really *shrugs shoulders* I just can't work it out.
Now I am sitting here after eating hot chips for lunch (I know, I know) kicking myself because it is weigh in day and I SO wanted to be under 100kgs to reach my goal but am now looking at a gain (which I can't moan about as it is self inflicted)...........dunno what's wrong with me.

Looking on the bright side, I am only working 3 days this week as Monday was a holiday and I am taking Friday off as it is Reece's 5th birthday plus Dad is having an op and I will have to take and pick him up. As it is also Reece's last day at Kohanga I am taking in a birthday cake and some savouries for lunch. I have ordered his cake for Friday but haven't ordered the Batman one for his party on Sunday yet.

Right I'm going back to work and feeling sorry for myself and will catch you all later *big grin* bye :)

3 comments:

Carla said...

i have got to find me some of that Chicken Salad! lol the way you talk about it, yummmm, wonder if our Mitre10 Mega does it???

Sorry your weather was so pooey, and yes, Chocolate crackles are very dangerous to have around, i found that out the hard way! chin up hun, theres always next week :)

sandii said...

hey you, don't stress, you haven't even weighed in yet, you just never know!!!

it's only a weekend, and think about it, what's a weekend in your whole life? well in eating terms it means nothing so forgive, forget and just get back on track.

you're talking to the triple cheeseburger muncher here. LOL

your weekend sounds great, see i love the rainy, stormy weather. but we have Kid City for days like that when the boys really need to burn some energy.

I like the train idea, Isaac loves trains so we might give it a go one night....

Hope you are well despite the worry about gaining.

Hope your week is great, i'm sure it will be. i love short weeks.

i'm in Melb as we speak, start a training session at 2pm. then it's home, i was off work yesterday so it's a nice short week for me too!

Take care, talk soon
:-)

Anne said...

Oops - hope the weigh in isn't too bad! Strange how we know we shouldn't eat some things - but they just go on into the mouth regardless. Don't stress out too much - just get straight back on track.