Monday, October 02, 2006

Party Girl..................NOT!!!

What a busy weekend I have had and now I'm back at work looking out the window at our horrible, wet, rainy weather.

Helena's birthday night was fantastic (even the little I saw of it - more about that later) and she looked stunning in her outfit. I didn't take my camera but Jo took some photo's and will more than likely show us a couple later.

Let me set the sceen......................

After our blogger lunch (last post) I got home and had a girlfriend ring to say she was coming over with her kids for a coffee. She arrived at about 3.30pm and I told her I was going out that night and getting picked up at 6pm (by the lovely Carol). Both our hubby's were golfing together and we new they wouldn't be home for HOURS and she was at a loss what to do as the weather was yuk and the kids were hypo. I managed to get Adam in bed for a quick sleep and the other kids ran around outside like mad men while we chatted in the lounge.

Looking at the clock it was 4.45pm and I hadn't even had a shower little own gotten dinner for the boys organised so Jo offered to go get them all McDonald's while I had a shower.
Once they got back I was showered with my makeup on and half dressed and Jo said "let's have a wine before you go"...............1st mistake of the evening!
As I was still rushing around I was gulping the wine and little did I know Jo had refilled my glass a couple of times. She left at 5.45pm and I finished getting ready, Carol came and picked me up and then we carried on and picked up the lovely Rose and arrived at Helena's where her, Craig (Helena's hubby) and Jo were sitting in the dining room having a drink.
I had taken a bottle of wine with me so I asked Craig to crack that and we had another couple of wines (I was later to find out in the hour or so we were there, we all drank 3.5 bottles) and Jo and Helena got changed and again I will say they looked stunning.
Jumped into the car and Off we went into Wellington.........got about 15 minutes down the road and Jo had to go to the loo and couldn't hold on so we got off the motorway and found a shell service station. A few of us then had a tinkle and back in the car and off again.

I was feeling mighty fine by this stage and was soooooo excited about getting out with the girls and having a good night.

Got to the restaurant and a couple Helena new from work were there and the lovely Chubbymum, I planted myself down at the end of the table and Helena kindly bought a couple of bottles of wine and put on the table, so we all got stuck into those.

I am now louder than usual (which is hard because I am a VERY LOUD person) and was laughing and giggling.

Menu's came and CM and I decided to share a main as they did a bit of everything for 2 people.
The music that was playing behind my (live) was fantastic and I was having a ball and then got up to go to the loo.......................2nd mistake of the night!

Got into the loo and decided I couldn't focus on anything and thought I must have lost my glasses - checked and they were still on my face so figured I should slow down with the wine because I'm not normally a drinker and by this time I think I was getting close to about 2 bottles. Got off the loo to head back to the table and realised my legs weren't working real well.

Once back at the table I started talking to Rose and realised I could see her lips moving but couldn't concerntrate on what she was saying and started my own conversation in my head (Warning sign or WHAT!!!). About this time everyone started asking me if I was OK because I had gone very quiet.....surprise, surprise and I assured them I was OK but decided I really wasn't and needed to go home. Rang Andrew who had just gotten home and asked him to come and get me but he had had too much to drink and said he would ask my Dad to come and get me but the ladies heard me on the phone and told me to stay, I told Andrew I would ring him later and confirm what I wanted to do.
Meal arrived and it looked fantastic, CM started eating but I was looking at it thinking..."no way", they managed to convince me to try some so I attempted a couple of pieces of potato but that then confirmed I needed to go home.

Dad arrived about 10.30pm and Helena and Jo piled me into the car and off I went.
Can't really remember the trip home but did manage to get my shoes and top off before I passed out in my bed.

Next morning consisted of a MAJOR Hangover and about 8 litres of water........LOL
I also managed 1 piece of toast.

Sat on the deck watching Andrew finish it off with the boys jumping all over me until it was time to get ready for Karen's baby shower.

Jo came and got me at 2pm so I could follow her to the shower and we arrived early (Jo is getting into a habit of being early......not like her at all *kiss kiss Jo*) and I must admit she didn't look 100% herself (they had arrived home about 1.30am).

Karen on the other hand looked bright and bubbly (her usual self) and was really excited about the day. Helena and CM turned up also not looking 100% but not too bad at all ;) and we proceeded witht he baby shower where we played a few games that we weren't very good at and didn't manage to win any prizes.............hehehe but had a lovely time and the food that was served up was unreal and lots of home baking.
By this time I was ready for some food and had a great variety of sandwiches, crackers and cheese, sausage roll and a big piece of banana cake that Karen's Mum made which was YUMMO!

Karen opened her presents (in between the games and the food) and got some fantastic baby things, she was so overwhelmed by it all. Had a bit more of chat with people out on the back deck with a sprinkling of rain which was lovely and then CM and I headed off to meet up with Helena and Jo (and wee Rhian) at the Cossie Club for a latte.

Took CM home and got home and made a really nice healthly chicken stirfry for me and steak, potato's and vege's for Andrew and the boys and relaxed.

Even though I am NOT THE PARTY GIRL I thought I was and ruined a great night out for myself, I am really lucky to have these wonderful girls as my friends and I always manage to have the best fun with them.
It was just lovely meeting Sue, Janene, Ann and I hope we can all catch up again soon and what can I say about Chubbymum.............FUN, LOVELY, GENUIN person who I know will now become a closer friend just like Helena, Karen and Jo are.

If your still reading............well done!

4 comments:

Ang said...

Go the you party thing you!!! hehe. Damn alcohol ;)

Helena said...

*giggle* - so THAT'S what happened to ya ... I was too pissed to notice LMFAO!

Anne said...

Loved that story!! Especially the bit where you thought you had lost your glasses!!!

sandii said...

Hi Rachel,

Sounds like you had a big night! You're not alone, that's the main reason I don't drink wine. I can guzzle rum with the best of them but wine puts me on my arse!

I had a night out on Sunday night too, it was awesome...

Lucky your Dad could come and get you, gotta love family!

Take care
:-)