Thursday, October 12, 2006

Busy week and weekend

Last night I managed to scoff down a Chicken Chow Mein WW meal with 2 pieces of bread before shooting out the door to go to the 'New Entrants' parents night at Belmont school and it was interesting finding out bits and pieces about the school and how they do things etc but I didn't get out of there until 8.30pm (1.5 hours).

Raced home and managed to give the kids a kiss goodnight (they were in bed) before they fell asleep.

I felt good though because I had gone to the gym after work and even though I didn't do any longer on the treadmill, I did up my speed and incline which felt good.
I am going again tonight so I can also have a good equipment work out and not just the treadmill all the time.

Tonight I have a Prenzel's party at a friends house which I am looking forward to, not just for the products but to catch up with a few mates and sit down and relax for an hour or so.

Tomorrow night we are going to a suprise 70th birthday party for an old neibough that we just love and his wife has organised for 7 of us to go out for dinner (so he thinks) but actually has over 50 people going. She has booked out The Furnace restaurant around the corner from us in Upper Hutt which is my favourite restaurant at the moment and has friends and family coming from all over New Zealand and Australia............can't wait.

He is a very hard man to buy for so Andrew and I thought we would hire a limo for them to be picked up in but I have rang 3 different companies (Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt and Wellington) and there was only an answer phone message. I have left messages on all and haven't received a call back yet........argh!

Saturday night we are going to hopefully stay home and relax as Sunday we have more visitors.

I'm by myself at work tomorrow (other lady has the day off) so it is going to be full-on which means I may not get to blog so if not, have a great weekend everyone :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love prenzel parties they are soooo much fun. We went to the prenzel place in Hawkes bay and it was really good to go there and see how they made it etc.

Those limo places are losing out when they don't answer people back silly people.

Isn't it exciting going to a New Entrants night.... our babies are growing up that is for sure

sandii said...

hiya! hey great effort on the gym sessions... good on you.

ok, as for getting my boys to eat veges... it's been relatively easy. Daniel is just a brilliant kid, he literally will try anything. he loves to eat what we eat and he is hugely into superheroes. we have always emphasised how super heroes are strong because they eat well and Popeye eats spinach which is Daniel's favourite vege. Isaacy is starting to explore more now but still sometimes spits it out and only eats his rice. but he'll explore more as he grows, he's only 2.

even though i have eaten poorly in the past i've never allowed Daniel to. i always served him pasta and veges as a baby and in fact that's what he ate every night for about 1 year. refused anything else. he just loved his peas and carrots and corn and spinach.

another way is to chop them finely in a blender so they are barely noticable and put them in savoury mince. Isaacy loves savoury mince and doesn't even know he's eating all those delish veges!

i'll be looking at Prenzel, never even heard of it... mmmm interesting name!

hope you're weekend goes well and that you are able to find a limo!

take care
:-)