Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Face cream, make up etc

I am 36 years old and haven't ever worn daily moisturiser or foundation or any other sort of cream and now I don't have my classes to hide a multible of sins I have invested in an 'under-eye bag remover cream' called Eye Tuck which does work but costs something like $60.00 plus I heard that 'Totall Effects Olay' moisturising cream was brilliant and at $32.00 a pop I went and got some of that as well (with sunblock I might add....LOL)............here lies my dilemma - What do I put on first??? the eye cream or the moisturiser??? STOP LAUGHING!!!!
I stood in front of the bathroom mirror this morning very perplexed and read and re-read the instructions on both and they didn't give me the answer. I ended up putting on the moisturiser on first but have no idea if this is correct or not.
I also have the ole foot palm cream stuff out as summer is coming (not that you would know by today's weather) and I get horrific cracks on my heels plus with my contacts, I use to spend about 5 minutes in the bathroom and now it is more like 20 minutes and when I come out I don't look any different.......hahahahaha!!!!!

I had a really awesome session at the gym on Friday and worked my little (or big) butt off and as the treadmill had someone on it with someone else waiting, I worked on my weights and boy did my arms feel sore the next day (love that!)

I didn't do much on the weekend, it was nice and quite really which was a big change.

Went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and had a really yummy roast vegetable salad and then went and spoilt it by eating a chocolate brownie........god I can be DUMB sometimes.

Weigh in tonight and then I am going to pop in and see Rachel (oh and Karen and Steph of course) for a coffee and I am also hoping to catch up with Jo since I haven't seen her since her return from the land of OZ.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haa ha! We can all be dumb sometimes, just not every day eh? As long as we allow ourselves wee treats occasionally, we will not have a huge blow out! I hope the brownie was bloody yum!

Chris said...

Eye cream first, then moisturizer, at least thats how I do it :).

Brownies are a major weakness of mine. your lunch sounds yummy!

Anne said...

You funny lady!! I do the eye cream first.

Bel said...

Does your eye cream have an SPF? If so I wouldn't put the moisturiser over the eye cream as it will be too heavy.

If that eye cream doesn't have an SPF, then I would find that does.

If your moisturiser is too heavy then it will only make the baggies even worse.

I too suffer from terrible cracked heals. The only way I can get rid of them (and too keep them that way) is to wear Eulactol (sp???) to bead each night/second night with socks on and then each morning scrub my heals with a stone while I'm in the shower. It's a pain in the bum but much better than not being able to walk because the cracks are that deep.

Good work on the gym session too. Isn't it great when you can 'feel' how hard you worked out.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a beauty therapist and you use the face moisturiser first and of course it doesn't go over the eyes.

Use the eye cream second by using a small amount on the ring finger (uses the least amount of pressure) and you gently pat it around the eye on the orbital bone and just under the eyebrows because it gently works its way towards the eye where needed, do not rub the eye cream in, the skin is thin and sensitive around the eye area.

Face moisturiser is too heavy for the eye area.

Hope that helps

Linda (UK)