Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Gardening Girl

Now for the lovely ladies who know me out there, you will know I HATE gardening with a passion and Andrew is much the same. In our previous places we have always had VERY LOW maintenance gardens and we decided to do the same thing at this house.
We bought a water feature months ago and have been trying to decide what to do with it, Andrew came up with an idea on the weekend and away he went. He worked like a little trouper most of the day Saturday and came up with a simple but lovely garden. I did take a photo but blogger won't let me upload it at the moment (watch this space!).

Hubby also had his final of golf for the Club Champions and had to play 36 holes on Sunday (an all dayer) so the boys, Dad and I decided to surprise him and built another garden across from his one in the same theme but use a statue we already had (I will also upload a photo when I can) and because Dad's hernia operation stopped him from helping me (he is doing really well by the way) and the boys preferred to watch, I got the job which took me quite a few hours.

Apart from that our weekend was a bit boring really.

I have weigh in tonight which I'm not looking forward to - not because I have been bad because I have been really excellent with my food (not so good with my exercise) but I am due for TOM and feel all bloated and yuk today (typical!!) so we will have to see how things go.

I had such a busy week last week that I didn't get any time for myself, so this week I plan to get back to the gym and walking as much as possible. My local outdoor pool opens in 10 days so I am really looking forward to that as I love swimming.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I dunno, mate, there's just something about swimming outside in Wellington before Xmas - even if the pool is heated!

Chris H said...

Stew and I also hate gardening with a passion! ha ha... and I am also waiting for our local swimming pools to open the outside pools, I will be in the diving pool doing aqua jogging - yah!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being bloated. I have been feeling bloated too and I have weigh in too... good luck my friend it will be a good result.

Love Chubbymum

Anne said...

Can't say I enjoy gardening - just someone has to do it around here (eventually). Would lvoe a water feature though, something nice having the sound of water in a garden (apart from rain!)