Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Weigh in

Well all I can say is I'M A FREAK!!!
I just don't get it, I had one of the worse weeks and still managed to lose weight.....????

I lost 700grams........now weigh 100.7kgs (total loss of 9.6kgs)

I'm guessing that I am holding onto that weight and it will show up next week but I'm going to hope to work my butt off so that doesn't happen.

Trick or Treat ...... ???
Trick or treat isn't a fun experience when your husband works for Cadbury's Confectionary and the whole neighbourhood knows about it!!!!!! We must have had 30 kids turn up during the evening and most of them were older (13+ year olds) without a costume........little buggers!!! When we opened the door, most of them said "can we have some chocolate" rather than Trick or Treat. I was really angry at the little buggers so didn't answer the door which meant Andrew did it all night and both the boys got dressed up (Adam as batman and Reece as a Ninja turtle) so they could scare the kids when Dad opened the door (same sense of humour as their father.....LOL). I had a massive bowl of chocolates and lollies for the occasion but Andrew ended up having to get more stuff out of his car. We decided that as of next year if they are not dressed up then they don't get anything. We even had 2 or 3 kids come back 2 or 3 times and try to tell us they were different kids. Thank god that is over for another year!

My Dad's birthday today - he is 67 years old. Kids and I were out there at 7.30am to give him his birthday cards and presents before they went to school which Dad loved but did mention that he was going back to bed when we left ........hahaha.

Funny (NOT!) Reece at school story.
I think the Mum's out there will enjoy this one.
I went to pick Reece up from his 2nd day at school and was waiting just outside his classroom (there were about 50 other parents waiting for their kids as well) and all of a sudden Reece wanders out into the middle of the playground and starts playing. I went over and asked him to go back into his class as school wasn't finished yet and he said "nah, don't want to" and proceeded to carry on playing - by this time all the parents were looking at him wondering what he was doing - I then TOLD him (quietly of course) to go back to class and he just ignored me and moved further away. I was sooooooooooooo embarrassed it wasn't funny and then his teacher came out and asked him to go back to class to which he looked at her and rolled his eyes and said "Nah" and she asked about 3 more times with no response and eventually went over and grabbed him by the arm and walked him back to class and sat him down as they were still having mat time.
When I was game enough to look up, ALL the parents were having a little giggle and I could just hear them saying "little shit" "what a naughty little boy" etc. The teacher came over to see me as she could see I was totally mortified and said "Don't worry about it, he isn't use to the routine yet but this is the 3rd time today I have had to do that" she was having a giggle and really wasn't fazed at all (god love her) but I wasn't feeling like 'Mother of the Year' at that moment and TALKED to him all the way home about listening to his teacher as well as me blah blah blah...............little darling!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo for the loss hun... take it hun as you must have done something right aye.

I can sooo understand the school situation it is a nightmare for you though I can imagine..

Just know that you are a good mum and things like that happen it is just them pushing the boundaries as they think they are all grown up now they are going to school like big boys.

The teacher didn't seem too worried. I know if I was one of the other mums I would have been saying "OMG I know what she is feeling right now and we have all been through it" don't fear too much about what they think as you know your son is a great boy.

Love ya
Happy birthday to your Dad too.. hmmmm sleep in hmmmm.

Chubbymum

Sue said...

Definitely need the 'no costume, no treat' rule....
Last year I gave out apples - word soon got out and they left us alone!

Chris H said...

Great loss! As for halloween, we must be nasty cos we don't believe in it, and we just tell the kids that we ain't Americans, so are not going to celebrate American customs! And you are lucky your son only said "Nah" when asked to come back inside, mine would probably say something much much worse!! He starts in 3 weeks and has been "coached" by his two teenage uncles all his life to swear like a trouper.... bugger! Not that I can talk! hee hee

Anonymous said...

great loss, keep up the good work!

i'm sure you're not the only parent of first time schoolers to have that sort of experience.

i inherited something from my mum, it's call the "clenched teeth fear of death" voice. it works wonders! LOL

take care and have a great week
x
Sandii
can't comment as myself at work...
:-(

14pk said...

awesome loss....!!!

love kids stories...shes right...its a routine for kids to get use to...i've done it with lots of kids...he's got a good teacher, esp to take the time to come and talk to you as well!!! thats really cool1!!

Anne said...

Take the loss!! Never question just accept:)

OMG I could tell you our grandson's first episode of school (almost exactly 1 year ago)- far worse than your little boy. Such a new, worrying experience for them no matter how you prepare them but I think it's something you will look back on and smile at - he will be fine!

Bel said...

That's is fantastic! You are nearly back into double figures!!!!

Work your butt off this week! I know you can do it!

Belinda