Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter weekend

G'Day, G'Day

What a great weekend I had, 4 days off has got to be the best idea for a weekend - if only it happened every weekend and having great company visit and an bunny visit and leave lots of yummy food has got to top it off.

Friday was a lovely quite day at home with just Andrew, I and the boys and we played in the backyard and Andrew built something???? (He is always building something..LOL).
I managed to get every single piece of washing washed, hung and folded on Friday and then sat down with hubby and polished off a few glasses of wine.........yum!

Saturday was one of housework which was OK as our Auckland visitors were coming for a visit and I like a tidy house. They arrived 2 hours overdue but in fine spirits and the kids (5 in all) had a fantastic time playing while the boys cooked us a wicked BBQ.
After dessert of jelly, ice cream and fruit salad (I didn't indulge as I was still full from dinner) we all had coffee and hot cross buns which our guests had bought.
I managed 2 after promising myself I would only have one but throughly enjoyed them all the same.

Sunday morning was lots of packing up of our visitors and the giving out of chocolate easter eggs (for the kids) which they had all devoured by 8am and then our guests left and the boys and I just had a lazy day (ahh bliss!).
The only thing I did today that I wasn't happy with was eat 2 more hot cross buns with my after dinner coffee. I don't know why I had them because I wasn't hungry and didn't need them but I was getting Andrew 2 and just got myself 2 as well (auto pilot). Once I was half way through the 2nd one I realised what I was doing and promptly stopped eating but I only wish I had realised after the first bite of my first one...........LOL. So I ended up going to bed feeling overfull and yukky.
I was really disappointed that Hydro wasn't on this morning as well because I really wanted to go.

Monday we had one of Reece's school friends (Jacob) over to play and his little sister who's 3 (Alex) stayed to play with Adam but they just ended up fighting the whole time. Andrew spray painted their bike helmets to make them look 'cool' and then it was 4 hours of watching DVD's, riding bikes/scooters/skatboards, eating fruit/chippies/sausages on bread and more fruit. This was by far the most exhausting thing I have done all weekend. All the people out there who have 4 children I envy as I just couldn't do it, it was THAT MUCH work. I also found Reece up one of our trees which he isn't aloud to climb (took a photo) and his reasoning to getting caught was "But I have my helmet on"........kids!
I was very tired and decided I WASN'T cooking tea and since hubby was digging holes for our new fence, he wasn't up to it either so I went and got Chinese for dinner which was lovely but I just know I am going to pay for it tonight at weigh in.


I have just gotten back from lunch with a friend who is also trying to lose weight so we went to a local bar and had their Thai beef salad which was devine and we both managed to go for a quick walk afterwards before heading back to work.

I will leave you with a couple of photos from our weekend.





8 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend..dont stress about the easter buns.. If i wasnt gluten intollerant i would have done more dmage than 4 buns... haha
I made some "grooten" free buns and they were ok.. but just not the same... Its a cruel world.. haha
I have done some mega damage thru eating a 200gm elegant rabbit all alone..in 24 hrs..woooohoooo
and drinking 9 cans of scotch n dry... oops... couldnt have been all me... haha

Sue said...

Love the tree shot!

Anne said...

Think back to how many Easter buns you would have got through in the past!

Love the photos!! Very cute. Phew you did sound busy witht he 4 kids!

Helena said...

argggggggggh @ the hot cross buns ... bloody things :(

Kate said...

Gorgeous photos!

Chris H said...

What a lovely weekend you have had... and mate, try having 6 kids all the time.. my first 6 were aged: newborn,3,6,7,9 and 10, NOW that was fun! I kept wanting twins too, now that's just mad.

Mel. said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog and feel free to drop my it any time.
Sounds like you had a great easter break and love your photos.

Ang said...

At least he was being safety concious ay!! lol Kids.