Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy weekend

Yep the title is correct, I didn't have a minute to rest.

Friday night MIL cooked the best chicken stir fry I have ever eaten....yum!
The boys were still excitied that their Nan was visiting (she arrived Thursday) and were being silly and showing off which is quite noisy in my little house but very cute.

Saturday Reece was devastated when his 1st game of soccer was called off due to rain. He did leave his soccer gear on all day (knee shins and all) which was funny as it was a freezing day and he was running around in shorts and t-shirt.
All I tried to do all day was keep the kids occupied as they were going stir crazy indoor but it was freezing outside and I wasn't going anywhere.
I made a nice salmon quiche for lunch with a salad and the kids had fried rice (home made with lots of ham). Everyone seems to eat when its cold and I went through half a bowl of fresh fruit and gallons of coffee (for Mum and I not the kids....hehe).

Saturday afternoon Andrew, Reece and I went to his friends parents house for dinner (4pm) and we had such a good time. Great food, great company and the kids were fantastic (great decision of mine to leave wee Adam at home) and the 3 bottles of white wine Pam and I drank was lovely too *hiccup*.

I had planned to go to hydro Sunday morning but I just couldn't get myself motivated even though I had been up for a while, so I curled up on the couch for another hour under a blanket.
The kids were going stir crazy again so I decided to go to the shops (Westfields) and take MIL as she hadn't been to Wellington for 2 years and things had changed.
She shopped until she dropped and I hired the kids a double buggy thing which they thought was brilliant. Headed home about 2.30pm and MIL asked to be dropped off at the local pub for a while (she doesn't drink but loves the pokies) and didn't get home until 7pm.........LOL Kids overload!

I made a lovely lasagne for dinner with salad which we ate late after friends arrived in the afternoon for a coffee and chat.

My food was pretty good on the weekend but my water was horrible and the wine isn't going to help matter's either at weigh in but I've had a great/full weekend and feel fab!

Right, I'm off to make a coffee and then have my mid-year review with my boss and tell him how wonderful I am and how he should be paying me more money because he can't work without me.............LOL he always agrees god love him.

3 comments:

Lyn said...

I so love lasagne!! And there's so many low calorie ones you can do now. Yum, yum, yum , you're making me hungry!! lol

Chris H said...

Sounds like you had a busy as weekend, nothing like being busy mate, it beats boredom hands down. Don't know about the wine though, evil girl!

Mel. said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and I'd love to have a boss like yours.