Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Valentines

Andrew and I decided it would be nice to take his mother out for dinner with the kids, thought about where we could go that starting serving early (6pm) and was child friendly etc and decided on Valentines.............BIG MISTAKE!!!!
We got the kids dressed in their 'going out' clothes and they were all excited to be going to a restaurant for dinner (we have only done it 2 or 3 times in the past) and gave them the big 'be on your best behaviour' speech and off we went.
They wouldn't sit at the table and eat anything and kept jumping off their chairs and playing under the table ....... who were these children???? They DO NOT act like that at home and their father was beside himself. They wanted to go to the playroom and we told them they had to eat their dinner first (yeah right).
So after 30 minutes they eventually ate most of their dinner and off they went to the playroom (peace for us..yay!). They were back within 2 minutes to tell us (at the tops of their voices) how 'stink' the playroom was because there was nothing in it, so off I went to investigate and they were right. There was a TV on the wall that didn't work, a chalkboard up one end of the room with no chalk and NOTHING else in the room - an empty playroom. Off I went to ask what was going on and was told by a ditzy waitress that "no there isn't any toys and that TV hasn't worked for ages", I let them know how unhappy I was and told them that a 'family resturant' with a playroom should have had at least 1 toy in it????? to which she just smiled and giggled ..... grrrrrrr!
Took them back and tried to invent some games they could do (while my tasteless dinner was getting cold) and left them to it. The room was suppose to be soundproof..........HA not soundproof when MY kids were in there. They decided running from one end of the room to the other and jumping up and crashing into the wall while screaming was fun..............LOL.
If it wasn't for the other 'diners' I would have let them go just to teach Valentines a lesson (hahaha) but I had used up more steps walking back and forth telling them to keep it down then walking a marathon so we decided to go home (after gobbling down some dessert). Got there at 6pm, left 7.05pm just made an hour.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

The kids got a right telling off in the car about their behaviour and their response was "oh sorry Dad, can we go again tomorrow".

So I ate too much (which was tasteless) and even had a dessert of cheesecake and peacan pie (matchbox size pieces) with my coffee and Andrew and MIL also didn't enjoy it (oysters were tasteless and roast was dry) and it cost us $108.00 for an hour.............*shakes head* NEVER AGAIN!!!

I just re-read what I wrote, God I go on...hahaha sorry about that.

So I went home and beat myself up about the crap I just consumed (with weigh in today) and then thought "hang on Rachel, it was only 1 meal and I wasn't that bad".

I thought about how I feel now and this is what came to me:

I fit my clothes now, not just squeeze into them and then feel uncomfortable all day - they actually FIT and are comfortable.

I feel 100% better than this time last year and am enjoying being more active.

I am over 16kgs lighter and can actually notice it when I look in the mirror.

Other people are giving me compliment now which feels fantastic.

I am excited about my progress and know by this time next year I will not only be at goal but be maintaining.

My skin feels and looks good.

I'm NEVER sick anymore (touch wood *knock, knock*).

I can play with my kids for more than a few minutes and still have energy.

I feel more attractive and confident.

Yep bugger having a bit too much food last night, its not the end of the world.

Roll on weigh in and those scales I've learnt to love (rather than dread).

Right I'm off to do some work and will give you all a BIG WAVE if your watching Dancing with the Stars tonight (I'll hopefully get a seat at the front).

7 comments:

Jules said...

Should have made the stew instead!! LOL! You came to some pretty good conclusions though, good on you.

Anne said...

Good on you for finding the positives about you and how you are going!

The meal sounds a nightmare, playroom - well can't really believe the lack of toys. Maybe you should drop a line to the manager. The kids sound like they were over excited. Didn't really sound like a fun way to spend an evening. Hope you enjoy tonight - will watch out for you!

Chris H said...

I used to love Valentines too, but lately it has just not been any good at all, a total waste of money and points!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh dont ya hate going out for dinner when it tastes yukky....
I am lucky in that my kids are older and usually do as they are told...
I say usually!!
I used to hate going out when they were real little.. not worth the stress...
I took my mum to a lovely quiet coffee shop last week.. and to my horror and annoyance there was a toddler running amok and making so much noise my mum couldnt hear what i was trying to say etc...
that childs mother didnt give a sh%t.. thats what annoys me... haha

Tracy said...

Sounds like a fun night - NOT!!
Don't you hate it when your normally well behaved children turn into monsters. I must admit, now I do not feel I get my moneys worth from an "all you can eat" place, I can't eat as mauch as I used to! Plus I have decided if I am going to pay for food in a restaurant then they can cook what I want & bring it to my table:-)

14pk said...

soooooooooooo write them a letter so the owner knows....!!! get some serious butt kicked girl!!!!

ooooo dancing with the stars..watching it now!!!!!!

Kate said...

Ew yeah Valentines!

Fantastic list by the way :-)