Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Who's a busy girl then???

Boy have I been busy the last few days.

Friday I had the day off as Reece had the 'teacher only' day and I wanted to watch him and keep him out from under his father's feet while Andrew and Dad got onto the fence. Andrew's mother was still staying with us so we had a great day chatting and catching up on the family gossip.

Saturday was another busy day with Reece's 1st game of soccer and then getting all the post and railings for the fence and of course keeping the kids out of Andrew's hair while he cemented the posts in and put the railing up. He had actually gotten rid of the wood with nail sticking out of it and turned all the power tools off, so the kids got a bit of a play around. (Reece scored 5 goals....a natural!). I also managed about 5 loads of washing......mostly the kids stuff, how do they go through so many clothes?????
Saturday night we had a beautiful lamb roast (haven't had one for months) and then I polished off 1 and a half bottles of wine *hiccup* while watching Dancing with the Stars...............god we must have smiled nice because we were on HEAPS....LOL

Sunday Andrew's mother left just after lunch which was sad as she is just lovely. Adam cried because he decided to go home to Gisborne with Nanny and tried and tried to get into that car and then holding on for dear life when we tried to get him out......bless his heart. He had also woken up with conjunctivites and was a bit miserable with that. Plus with Dad helping Andrew I managed to get 2 loads of his washing washed, hung out, dried, folded and put away.

Monday Andrew had leave from work to get the rest of the pailings up, so I took Reece to school, popped into work for 2 hours and then went home to watch Adam (still had conjunctivites). Adam and I ended up going shopping and getting 4 out of the 5 presents I needed for birthday's this month.
Also did 4 loads of washing which amazed me as I had gotten everything up to date on Saturday.

Tonight I had weigh in but will miss Hydro as me and the kids are going to a friends house to give out one of the birthday presents and tonight is the only night we can both fit it in.
Tomorrow night I have the 'comedy night' in Wellington which should be fun and then Thursday night I am hopefully going to fit in Hydro.
Friday night I am picking Reece up on my way home from work at his friends house and will stay for a drink and then we have friends coming around that night for dinner.
Saturday is soccer again, drop Reece off at another birthday party and we are hoping that we have a free night at home.
Sunday is mother's day and I am EXPECTING a sleep in until at least 8am (my sleep ins pre kids use to be 1pm.....how life changes...LOL), then a coffee and an omelette would be perfect. Then taking both boys to Rhian's birthday party and then either 1 or both sisters are coming around in the afternoon...*big sigh*.

I'm tired just re-reading that.

The lady who works with me in the Lab has been away for the last 2 days so I'd better go and I have a mountain of work and our GC machine has just blown a powerboard......bye *waves madly*.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Busy - exhasting is more like it!! Phew. Good luck for weigh in - maybe onto the virgin weight??!!

Isn't your son clever getting 5 goals!

Kathryn said...

busy indeed!! Hope you get your "sleep in" :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Omg..I am exhausted just reading that... At least time flies when you are busy aye...
Good luck for weigh in...

Anonymous said...

I agree with wannab... omg it is exhausting just reading your post... but soooo understand how life is busy with kids ho hu.

Woohoooo 5 goals is fantastic.

Love Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

I think the best way to get relief from a hectic schedule is “meditation”. I have been practicing it for long 4 years and now it seems that I hardly get exhausted with a busy day.

Mel. said...

Omg I don't know how you do it all. Hope the weighin went well. Have a good week.