Thursday, May 10, 2007

Comedy Night

Went to a lovely little restaurant in town called Satay Kampong which is a Malaysian restaurant we have been to before. Started with the mini samosas and quid rings and then for main I had a small bowl of garlic rice and steamed chicken (yum) and Andrew had a seafood curry laksa. Washed that down with 2 glass's of wine and felt just right (not over full or bloated).

Carried on to the Bath house where Brendan Lovegrove was performing and got in and seated and then had a tiff with Andrew over something he said to me (totally his fault of course!!!) and then had the shits for the rest of the night. Brendan Lovegrove was funny but I just wasn't in the mood and was soooooooooo angry at Andrew for spoiling my night that I didn't speak to him for the rest of the evening and when we got home, I went straight to bed (childish - who me?).

It could have been such an excellent night - grrrr MEN!
Anyway that was my night.

Must say that I put extra effort into drinking my water yesterday (managed 1.5 litres) and did drink more than I have in the last few weeks but just finding it really hard to get anymore down. Summer was easy and I was drinking a minimum of 2 - 2.5 litres no worries.....must try harder because I really feel so much better when I have drunk lots of water.

I'm finding that my portion sizes are starting to creep back up which I must keep an eye on. Yesterday I poured my cereal and then went and got the 1/1 cup of milk to put on it and it got sucked up that quick that my cereal was quite dry, after thinking about it I realised that it was because instead of 30g cereal, I was eating about 50g which doesn't sound like that much more but when you are still having the same amount of milk......
Lunch yesterday was sushi and I am finding that my usual 1 packet just isn't enough and I was digging into Andrew's pack as well.
So I am taking extra care when serving food and making a concious effort to get my portion sizes back to what they should be.

Right, I'm rambling on now so I will say goodbye.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Congrats on the virgin weight!!

I find that I eat more when I eat quicker. So if you try and savour every little bite it makes the meal feel larger.

Anne said...

Men - drive you mad at times and of course it would be totally his fault!

The meal sounds delicious.

Lyn said...

Awww men!!! Can't live withem can't live withoutem, as they say!!

Re: your comment ... wow you broke both tib and fib?? I just broke my fib but with a 2.5cm gap so they had to put a plate and screws to bring it back into line.

How did you break yours? Curious now that I do ambulance work, bet that woulda been a cool job for me as an ambo!! ;)

And thanks on the tip about hydro, did it a few times and enjoyed it but didn't like having to show my butt in togs... heheh

pointing the weigh said...

Thanks for popping by and leaving your comment on my blog.

Yes I do remember giving you the tips on the eye cream.

I have a confession to make, there was me asking for lurkers to leave comments and I have been a lurker for a year or so at your blog and I have only ever left the one comment on your blog which was the eye cream comment.....shocking to think I haven't left more comments considering the length of time I have been reading.

MEN! Don't they make you sick sometimes? I too stop speaking to my OH if he offends me, I stop speaking until HE apologises....heehee because IT IS ALWAYS HIS FAULT!...HeeHee

Okay I will leave more comments.

Hugs

Mel. said...

Grrrrrrr men sometimes, you can't live with them and then you can't live without them. Hope things get better soon.

Chubbymum said...

I had an argument with hubby on Tuesday he he he.. maybe it is just the week for it he he he.

Men huh!

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Hey - where are you?