Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A crappy Week

Crikey, I didn't realise I hadn't done an update for nearly a week (thanks Anne for the reminder) which isn't like me.

I haven't really been up to much actually, just plodding along.

Friday:
Picked up Reece after work from his mates house and had a few wines with the Mum (Pam) who is a lovely lady and we are becoming fast friends.

Saturday:
Reece had soccer in the morning (so cute, I just love watching him play) and then it was home to get him changed and off to his cousins house for a birthday party. Left after having a coffee with my sister and then Adam and I went firstly to Mitre 10 Mega (no not for chicken salad - letter box numbers....LOL) and then I still had nearly 2 hours to kill before going back to collect Reece so I took Adam to Lollipop's. This I think was the best part of my weekend because I walked in the door, Adam took off, I sat down with a coffee and magazine and I didn't move again for 1.5 hours. Went to Pak N Save on the way back to my sisters to get her a nice bottle of wine and some flowers for that night (after having 8 kids all day she deserved it) and back to get Reece. Didn't do anything exciting on Saturday night I don't think, I really can't remember.

Sunday: Mother's Day
Worst Mother's Day I have ever had! We celebrate all those sorts of things (Valentines, Mother's and Father's Day, Halloween, Easter etc) but after getting out of bed just before 8am because all I could hear was Andrew yelling at the kids, he cooked me an omlette (which he usually does on the weekend) and then went outside to work on the fence after saying "Oh yeah, I didn't get you a card or anything".........right, fine!
I then took both boys to a birthday party and the McDonald's down the road and they did nothing but play up (embarrassing!), they wouldn't eat their lunch, they swore repeatedly (hopefully a faze) and Adam kept making running bids for freedom out the front of the place.........argh!!!! I did manage not to lose the plot completely but boy did they get a talking to when we got in the car (we left as soon as the cake was cut). I got home and was told that the boys weren't to go outside as his lordship was working and there were powertools etc laying around and they would get in his lordship's way (can you see steam coming out of my ears!).
They decided to give me the worst day by fighting with each other, throwing there toys at each other, totally ignoring me or doing the exact opposite to what I would ask. Instead of 'thinking' and taking them out, I constantly had little cries throughout the day but still managed to cook them and their father a lovely dinner and I sat down and ate 6 pieces of toast with cheese and tomato sauce!!!!WTF????
Needless to say the little angels were in bed by 6.20pm and I (after cleaning up from dinner and making lunches etc) got to bed by about 8.45pm feeling very sorry for myself.

Monday:
Just got on with it because what else is there to do.
I spoke to Andrew during the day and told him me and a girlfriend are going to book some tickets to go and visit a friend who we haven't seen for ages. We have been waiting for the fares to come up on 'grab a seat' but it has been months, so I just booked them and waited for him to moan at me about us not being able to afford it (he wouldn't have been wrong) and what about the kids etc but it didn't happen.
Andrew then rang late afternoon and asked if I could pick up Adam on the way home and he was already home working and didn't want to go out again (steam's a starting to rise again) which I did and got home about 5.30pm to a beautiful marinaded chicken breast with curry roasted potato's and salad with my favourite bottle of wine waiting for me (Hmm didn't see THAT one coming) and a HUGE apology about what a brat he had been the day before. He then went on to tell me what a brilliant mother (and wife) I am and none of them could function without me (he was a bit over the top but who am I to stop him while he was on a roll.....LOL).

Tuesday:
Got on my scales this morning and I weighed 93.4kgs which was exactly what I weighed last week at WW in the evening while fully clothed and also 300g heavier than my scales.............(not totally naked at 6.15am) so I'm expecting a small gain but I deserve it after my emotional eating on the weekend. Frustrating because I know better but when your head is in that space it is really hard to see reason.

Be back tomorrow with my official WW result.

7 comments:

Anne said...

I think most of us have all experienced mother's days like that at some stage. Gets you thinking it is only a day yet we want our kids and husbands etc to do all the right things. Then like in your case you get blown away by a lovely surprise, even if if was late!

Fingers crossed for your weigh in- you never know!

Jules said...

I have definitely had plenty of Mother's Days like that. I failed to mention in my post on Mother's day that Blair fell asleep on the couch while I looked after all four kids and cooked dinner, then washed dishes!

Good on Andrew for pulling it together the day after. Sounds like he is very similar to Blair. He drives me to eat cheese as well. LOL>

Chubbymum said...

I reckon you had a brillant mothers dinner... because it was unexpected and it was a suprise and so it meant more that he had done this for you... even though he should have done it on the day... I do think it was even more special not knowing it was coming aye. But I would have been doing more than fuming he he he

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Lyn said...

Good luck for weighin!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh bugga... what a shocker of a Mothers day....
I am glad things settled down...
have you thought about military school for your darling boys??? hahahahahaha... we all have days like that... just funny when it happens to someone else!!
Good luck for weighin.. dont stress about it..always next week... ( i say as i eat another cadbury favorite out of the box I was given for mothers day....)

Nic said...

It may have been a day late but what a wonderful surprise, bet you didn't see that one coming. :-)

Mel. said...

I think most people have weekends like that one. Sorry to hear it happened on mothers day. Emotional eating is one thing I've never learnt to stop and is a very big problem for me. I'm glad things are starting to settle down and that your husband (better late than never) has shown and told you how much he appreciates you and what you do.
Also thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
Good luck with your ww weigh in.