Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weigh in

GAIN: 1.5kgs (Oh yes you read it right!)
Current weight: 94.3kgs
Total loss: 16kgs

I'd love to moan about that gain but I can't and I'll tell you why:

1. I was NOT good the week before last and had a loss which blew me away but I new it would eventually catch up with me.

2. This week has also not been good as I had my night out on Friday where I went totally overboard with food and drink plus I was slack on other days.

3. I had only done 1 hydro session compared to the 3 I had been doing in previous weeks.

3. I had a wee upset tummy last week and decided not to go to Hydro but if I'm honest with myself, I could have gone.

4. Yes I have hurt my back (more on that to follow) but rather than sitting on my butt and complaining about it, I should have done something about it and I know that the more I keep moving (walking) the better it feels.

5. This isn't an excuse, I just thought I'd mention it. As I was changing into my togs (Cossie for the Australian's) I noticed that TOM had arrived which was quite suprising because I am usually in huge amounts of pain the day before and first day of TOM.

Right, there are 5 reason why I put on that weight.


After weigh in I met up with my sister (the one in the photo from my last post) who comes to Hydro with me and we went to a Turkish Kebab house for dinner (rather than our usual subway) and had a kebab which was really tasty. We then headed to Hydro and met up with a friends who occasionally comes with us and after 10 minutes of chatting we jumped in the water. I was slightly worried about my back but it had been feeling much better that day so I figured it would be OK for Hydro - - - WRONG! I lasted all of 10 minutes in the water and had to get out as I was in agony. I started out at a lighter pace but even that was hurting so I stepped it down even further (waste of time really as it wasn't doing anything for my fitness) but even that didn't help, so out I hopped. The instructor came over and spoke to me to find out what was going on and told me not to come back for at least a week (oh man!) which bummed me out.

Plan for this week:

1. Count my bloody points as I have let that go (again) and watch portion sizes

2. Drink my water (I have only been managing about 1.5 litres a day)

3. NO DRINKING ALCOHOL (just for this week as it is getting to be a bad habit - looks like I'll be the driver at a 21st we are going to on Saturday)

4. No Lollies (forgot to mention this further up but Andrew bought home heaps of lollies for the 21st and I ate HEAPS while getting them bagged up the other night)

5. WALK!!! If I can't go to hydro that doesn't mean I do nothing, I am going to go walking at lunch time's like I was doing a few weeks ago (I have no idea why I stopped?)

If you can recall I wanted to lose 500g a week to get to my goal of being an 80's girl by my birthday and this week has put me back 3 weeks...argghhh! So I have 6 weeks to get my butt back into it and lose 4.3kgs (.716 grams a week) which is a big ask with my history (200g - 600g average a week) but I'm gonna give it everything I've got.

WOW this is the most I've written about weightloss since I've had this blog.....hahaha.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

I WIN !!! I WIN !!! I gained 2 kilos on holiday, got NO EXCUSES either, I enjoyed myself, I was a pig too often, I ate pudding for lunch one day (hee hee)... ah the joys of dieting... you will be fine, don't go stressing about getting to a certain weight in a certain time, that's the best way to fail! Just plod along and you will be fine... and gorgeous! Great to be back!

Anonymous said...

Me you and Chrish can join the gain club this week and not the loosers club he he he...

Well we are all positive about it anyway and next week is going to be a good one aye!!!

Love Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

hey Rach,

good girl, just start again, that's all you have to do. get back on track, know what you need to do and hey, even if you're not an 80's girl by your b'day you'll still be on track and you already look fabulous!

take care hon
x

Anne said...

Sometimes a gain can give you a jolt to get back on track. You'll get more of the ups and downs as you go but you will get there in the end!

Christine said...

Hey! Stumbled on your blog and wanted to say hello! Fighting this battle with you and hoping to keep an eye on your blog! Some great support out there in blogger land - we can do it!

14pk said...

sounds like you've got yourself sorted already and going to kick butt this week!!! gains all round...i blame the weather!!!

Amanda said...

Don't forget me- I'm in that club with you, CM and Chris H too. Not as dramatic as you, but still going the wrong way.

You'll get there, I'm sure of it :)

celtic_girl said...

Your sure to kick butt next week with those good strategies on board. Have a good week!

Lyn said...

Very proud of you to analyse your weighin and work out how to overcome it next week. That takes guts and you should be proud of yourself too!!

Onto another successful week!!!