Friday, April 27, 2007

Fish and Salad

Yep, I reckon if my mother-in-law visited more often and brought 2 huge snappers with her, filleted them, battered them and then cooked them (and I watched and made a salad) I could live on Fish and salad...............MAN it was yum!!!

Since MIL was there, Andrew decided to come to Hydro with me (and Helena came too - YAY!) and swim some laps. What he didn't realise is that we do actually work for a good hour or so and this equates to HEAPS of laps and he isn't the fit buff boy I first met nearly 20 years ago........hahaha!
He ended up spending a bit of time in the spa relaxing as he ate too much dinner and it wasn't agreeing with him when he was swimming laps - a likely story:)

The boys were really excited to see their Nanny and talked her ear off all night, so she was happy to stay home with them and put them to bed while we shot off.

Very busy day yesterday at work and another busy day today as our department is getting audited (oh joy!) and I am the ISO9001 girl, so it is up to me to deal with the auditors. Being an internal auditor myself, I then have an audit to do on Monday which takes quite a bit of time out of my day *shrug* oh well, can't be helped I suppose..........roll on the weekend!!!!

It is suppose to rain, rain, rain in Wellington this weekend which is going to put a damper on Reece's first soccer game but I will just have to find the umbrella's.

I don't really have much else planned - oh yeah - we (Andrew, Reece and I) are going to one of Reece's mates parents house for dinner tomorrow night. They seem like a lovely couple so we aren't going to scare them with Adam........aren't I horrible!!!
Adam is going to stay home with his Nan as we plan on staying a few hours and would like to enjoy our first meeting with these people rather than running around after Adam who will undoubtedly destroy their house and fight with the kids (how is this my child?). Love him to bits but he can be a bit over the top at this age.

Might take MIL to Westfields on Sunday for a look around as she comes from a small town and doesn't have anything like that up there.

I am determined to eat well and DRINK MY WATER this weekend. I have been a little slack with my water this week also (1.5 litres on average compared to 2 - 2.5ltr) so must get that back on track as I ALWAYS feel better when I've drunk my water.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Lyn said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, yay another blog to add to my reading list! You've done so well so far!

Yay for babysitting MIL's huh? :)

Chris H said...

Hope it doesn't rain too much, we expecting it too.... and fresh fish is devine.... my mouth is watering.....Have fun at Westfield, lucky tart!

Anne said...

Adam sounds as if he would a match for our little grandson also two. Rachel (our daughter) found him outside one night on his bike going around and around under the sprinkler, it was dark! He climbed out the bedroom window.

The fish sounded yummy - so much better when nice a fresh.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh I am soooo jealous..we dont have westfields here in Tasmania either!

Kathryn said...

there is nothing better than fresh fish yummy!

Mel. said...

Oh yummy I love fresh fish. Congratualtions on all your exercise and hope it doesn't rain too much.
Hope you have fun shopping at Westfields.

Karen said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM Fresh fish!!! Yes I too could live on Fresh fish and salad!!! YUMMMMMMMMM!!!

Hope the dinner with Reeces mate and his parents went well.

Have fun at Westfields if you end up going.