Thursday, April 05, 2007

My baby

My baby has Asthma...............bugger.

Managed to get him to sit on my lap at the doctors for about 30 seconds while she listened to his chest/back etc but he was a live wire to say the least.
So we walked out with our spacer thingy and wee mask and then popped over the the chemist to get his ventolin. When we were showing his father how it all worked he was as good as gold and thought he was quite special to have this new toy....long may it last. They reckon it is only childhood asthma and it should be gone by the time he hits his teenage years if not before.
AND he didn't cough once last night.......yay!

Hydro circuit tonight and I have just had a phone call from my eldest sister saying she is also coming with my brother-in-law, so with me and our other sister it is going to be quite a family afair.....LOL.

Really looking forward to the Easter break (4 whole days!!!!) and am going to get my shopping tonight after hydro so I hopefully won't have to visit the supermarket again over the Easter break.

I will get on my home computer over the weekend and be able to actually leave comments on everyone's blogs as my work PC only occasionally lets me.

HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER EVERYONE.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

My daughter was diagnosed with asthma at about 5 & was given an inhaler etc. She is now 7 & over the two years have only used it a few times, once we had to take her to the Dr at night because her breathing was bad but that was really our fault because we forgot to take her inhaler & she had played a game of rugby in the rain then played around in the rain while her brother played. We find if we do not make a big deal about it, she pretty much forgets she has it.

Chris H said...

Hopefully the medication really helps him overcome the coughing.. it does with Griffin. Must start him on his again, coming into the season when he gets really bad. Thanks for the comment and offer to send me your chart thingee, I look forward to getting it! Have a wonderful easter, have an egg for me... cos I already had mine, DOH.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rachel!
Just happened to see your comment on Chris's blog and came to check you out.

At least you have the asthma diagnosed and can treat it now, that's a good thing!

Who'dya go for in the rugby?? I'm assuming we're talking super 14?

Anne said...

Not so good but I'm sure he will grow out of it.

Have a great weekend:)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

My son has asthma also.. but doesnt have attacks.. just coughs and wheezy...
I just have to make sure he has his seratide and asmol twice a day and he is all good... pity his father doesnt seem to follow.. I can always tell when he hasnt had it..
Its not a drama... they learn to get used it it..
My son was 7 months when they finally worked it out...
After numerous hospital trips with "bronchialitis" *spelling
One dr decided it was asthma... bingo!!! dipsticks.. haha

Kathryn said...

Sorry to hear about the asthma, it is good that they know what it is and you will be able to treat it. I hope he grows out of it soon.

BTW congrats on your loss :)

Anonymous said...

hey Rach,

so sorry to hear the diagnosis :-( i don't think i have any words that will help either.

but these days, it's so different and there are so many different things they can do and all that so it doesn't have to make much of an impact!

swimming... apparently it's the best thing.
x