Thursday, November 08, 2007

Counting points & Exercise

For those of you on Weight Watchers who count points, you will know where I'm coming from when I say "I can work out in my head how many points I've had today" right?

Yesterday I decided to eat what I class as 'healthy' and at set times (which is easy as I only stop for set breaks), I wrote everything down and added it up this morning thinking I was either on points or maybe even 1 or 2 under - NOPE - 5 1/2 points over .... oh man how did THAT happen?

So as of today my trusty little tracker and points guide went back into my handbag.

Exercise:

I really wanted to get on my bike and stepper last night but didn't manage it BUT Reece is practising for a Jump Off which is a skipping competition the Heart Foundation is holding and schools can participate (which his is) so he wanted me to practise with him. I was an excellent skipper at school so was looking forward to getting behind a skipping rope again - oh my god! - I only did about 10 minutes (this was properly less but it felt longer) and I was having major heart attacks, the kids where you have to learn against something bent over and gasping for breath.
Reece carried on skipping until I had caught my breath and then we were back into it but in much shorter bursts. I reckon I huffed and buffed twice as much as riding that bike or walking on that stepper.....phew hard work alright!.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I know exactly where you are counting from with 'counting' points in your head. I'm finding I'm getting very slack with it all - time to sort myself out and TRACK!!

Lyn said...

Yep I'm the same ... I ONLY LOSE WEIGHT WHEN I TRACK!!

Helena said...

I've heard so many times that skipping is one of the best exercises for ya, but no matter how bloody fit I get, I cant last more than about 10 minutes before i have to collapse in a screaming heap! LMAO

Kt said...

yup, in the head is a bad thing i think when it comes to points, tracking is tried and true!
hav a good wknd :)