Monday, November 12, 2007

Girls, girls, girls

I had quite a weekend with little girls.

Saturday was spent swimming with Adam and the other 'girls' in the class who are so little and petite compared to my boy.

I then spent Saturday night at Karen's looking after little Rachel who is the best well behaved baby (well she's actually 1 year old but seemed like a baby to me) I've ever looked after.
I got to do the night time routine (food, bath, bottle) but unfortunately I didn't get much time to play with her as she fell asleep over an hour earlier than expected as she had had a big day, which meant I got to sit and watch mindless TV for a few hours.......bliss!

Sunday was a 3 year old girl's birthday party with one other boy apart from Adam and heaps of little girls........very cute.

Apart from Rachel on Saturday night, I noticed that all the little girls were quite clingy with their parents while my little fella was as happy as larry doing his own thing. I think I much prefer that than having a clingy little girl.

Reece also had a mate over for the day on Saturday who then ended up staying the night. I took them to the park and I have to admit I am a over protective Mum because they were going on the 'big kids' playground (Adam included) and climbing things that were really high etc and I was so scared and panicky but they were more than capable and confident on what they were doing.

Only downfall to the night was that while I was out at Karen's, Reece and his mate thought shooting hotwheel cars out of their racing launcher was a good idea and managed to smash a couple of window's in Reece's room. Adam who had been asleep for over 2 hours got the blame which Andrew said was soooooooo funny (not at the time).
So its ringing the insurance company today to get that sorted.

Had a lovely BBQ last night and was still sitting outside at 8.45pm with the sun still out.....beauty mate!.

Eating and exercise was not good but as always (being Monday) I'm back on track today.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmmm, as you know, I have 4 girls and 4 boys, people ask me all the time "What's better, girls or boys" to which I 'pretend' to give grave consideration before answering ..... NEITHER !!! And I mean it, they all have their faults and frustrations to a Mum. It all depends on PERSONALITY mate, full stop end of story. So don't go thinking you are missing out on 'girly' stuff cos it ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I know what you mean about blowing all the hard week on weekends.. I am lucky enough to have til thursday nights to guzzle gallons of water to redeem myself...
I was amazed at todays weighin... I must have been good... shock horror!!!

Jenny said...

Kids.....Bet Adam was impressed getting the blame......Not!!!!! Guess it was worth a try though!!! Yep Westfield is within walking distance and if you the main highway way you get to go past lots of other shops as well!!!!!!! Yesterday we went via the back streets most of the way but on the way home we came via the main drag part of the way and I thought mmmnnnn must come this way again...LOL

Kt said...

oh dear, hot wheels thru windows! thats not cool

Teresa said...

Ooops hotwheels away! As per girls vs boys, they all tend to be a handful at one time or another. Small kids small problem, big kids big problems. Hope those windows don't cost you too much.