Thursday, November 22, 2007

A good day

After waking up yesterday morning feeling horrible and bloated etc and then weighin in with Hubby and the challenge begining, I feel ON FIRE again.

I counted my points, I exercised, I made an effort because those 3 little words kept sounding off in my head - Decisions determine destiny - and I actually stopped and thought about every decision I made and it worked.

I got off my butt after dinner and did stuff (ie. ironing, washing, lunches etc) rather than scrolling through the 40+ channels on the TV to find nothing on but a couple of hours wasted. I felt fantastic getting up this morning and I had a clean house, clothes and lunches were organised for the boys and I spent a little longer on myself (painted my finger and toe nails and took more notice of what I was wearing). The other thing I did last night was bundle up all my clothes I don't wear now and ended up with a pile for trademe (god knows when I'm going to get time to list everything but *sigh*) and some of my really good expensive stuff for a very good friend (which I must get her address and send off hopefully today).

Today I'm wearing a pretty blue business shirt whil little buttons down the front, a scoop v neckline which sits just on my hips. When I looked in the mirror after getting dressed I thought I look HOT (even though it is business attire).
One thing that crossed my mind this morning was that the smaller I get the less clothes I wear..........LOL. What I mean is, I am wearing 3/4 black pants today which I never use to wear (even in the middle of summer) because of my HUGE calf's but they aren't so HUGE now. I have really nice high heel sandles style shoes because I have pretty painted toe nail which I never use to do. I have a little blue business blouse/top on and not a long sleeve sack that come down nearly to my knees to cover absolutely EVERYTHING......ahhh the little things.

I also think the 'at home' challenge which started yesterday is going to really help me focus again because I feel accountable to weight watchers once a week (which I won't stop) but with hubby, I feel accountable everyday which is quite a different feeling. I think so far it is keeping me more focussed.

I'm off for lunch today with two of my mates at 'The Spieghts Ale House' where I have full intention of having a wine with lunch (looking forward to THAT) which I'll count of course and because it is such a lovely day, I'll be walking down which is about a 10-15 minute walk each way (every little bit counts).

Just finished my breakfast (ww cereal and yoghurt) and am about to refill my water bottle. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Isn't it great when you feel good in your clothes? You've done so well already and I'm glad you're feeling good.

Anne said...

Such a positive happy post! So know the feeling of wearing less as you get smaller. My old attire was usually huge, black and shapeless.

Thanks for your comments lately Rachel. Sort of situation where all we can do is be there when needed. We will get there!

Chubbymum said...

I agree about the hubby thing being accountable every day. I found that since June when I left WW I had to weigh in every week with hubby and that everyday I was more accountable because he was watching it is much better for me.

Love CM
http://cmlosingit.blogpsot.com

Munzy said...

Hi Rachel

Thank you so much for your kind words about my artwork - I would love to do one for your friend - it would be great if you could email me on jo.brown@nzchiro.co.nz and I will let you know about costs and things.
GREAT work on the weight loss too, Rachel - and you are so right about feeling good in your clothes. There is nothing like it!!!

Cheers
Jo

Teresa said...

Sounds like you off to a good start and your spirits are looking up. Good for you. Hope you have a great lunch with your friends.

Lyn said...

I'm so glad it's working out for you with the challenge!! I'm finding the same with that added motivation!

Chubbymum said...

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
For the clothes

How beautiful are they...

Thank you Rachel

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogpsot.com