Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No weigh in

Yep that's right boys and girls.............I chickened out of weigh in.
I had a fabulous start to the week and that lasted about 2 days and it was all down hill from there. I think this is the 1st time I've chickened out since I (re:)started WW again back in August 2006 which isn't bad I reckon.

I woke up this morning with a huge headache, feeling bloated and horrible and wondered what I could do to make this 'down' period end and get back on track.

I had mentioned to hubby (who is also trying to lose a bit of weight at the moment) last night after dinner while sitting in front of the TV eating cereal and yoghurt (I know but it was better than chocolate right?) about Lyn and her hubby who are close in weight and are doing a challenge to see who can get to a certain weight first and asked him if it was something he and I should do? I knew we were similar in weight but didn't know exactly so we jumped on the scales this morning (my home ones) and I was 87.3kgs (would have put on 800g if I'd gone to ww as my scales are 300g lower than there's) and he was 83.4kgs which is a difference of 3.9kgs. We decided not to aim for a goal weight but rather go for gold and the winner will be whoever has lost the most weight by Christmas (5 weeks away). We are both competitive (he more than me) and the challenge is now set.
I am hoping this will give me some of my mojo back and will keep me more focussed as I will be looking at eating healthly for myself as well as him (as I do most of the cooking). Last night I had sushi (homemade I might add) for dinner and he and the boys had fish and chips...........not anymore sunshine!

There aren't any rules apart from eat healthly meals and exercise (whatever that may be), we wrote our weight down and will weigh in every Wednesday morning which will be great for me because it will stop me pigging out after weigh in on a Tuesday night.

Right in other news - We are waiting on the bank to approve and give us some extra money so we can get 'stuff' done around the house (listed in a previous post) and have all but about 1 or 2 quotes to come in. I'm very excited because everything will hopefully be done by February rather than us having to save and wait for years.
The best thing is the carpet in the lounge as all of us are floor lounges and lying on a wooden floor with a rug on it just isn't the same as carpet....*contented sigh*.
Oh yeah, we have also decided to bite the bullet and get a treadmill (god there's expensive).

Weather has been perfect (touch wood) for the last couple of days and as soon as we get home from work we have been setting up the waterslide for the kids and playing outside....bliss!

Haven't had any time or energy to do more scrapbooking which is a shame because I have heaps of idea's in my head. Roll on the Christmas holiday's so I have lots of time to do it.

Over and out.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Cool!! I'm glad you and hubby decided to do the same thing. We too are quite competitive and it seems to be working for both of us. I really don't mind who wins, it would be fantastic to see Bill down to 90kgs, that's a reward in itself!

Have to keep us posted how you both go!!

Helena said...

i reckon that is an awesome challenge, nothing like a bit of pressure from hubby eh? LOL good luck guys!

Kate said...

Treadmills are SO expensive.. I'd love one.. but alas.. even if we had the money they take up so much room. Maybe I should get my butt over to my Mums and use hers!!

Your challenge sounds like fun :-)

Kate said...

Oh, I wanted to say also.. thanks for your continued support and comments on my blogs.. it really means a lot to me :-)