Monday, September 04, 2006

Spring Festival

Upper Hutt had there Spring Festival on Saturday and we (Andrew, Reece and I) went along for a looksie. We arrived at about 1pm and went and got tickets for the 'storybook circus' for Andrew and Reece for 2pm and then had a quick wander around. 2pm off they went and I then had a good look around and managed to only buy a couple of things for the kids and 2 Kia Kaha t-shirts for Dad and Andrew for Fathers Day (2 for 1 price - bargin).

My girlfriend Sue had passed me at one stage with her sister (that I also know) and said they would text me when they went for a coffee. So about 2.40pm she range and I meet up with them for a well deserved trim latte and a gas bag. As we had all finished our shopping, we managed to sit there laughing and talking for about an hour and a half which was really cool.

I then toddled back to the car to wait for the boys to arrive which they did about 15mins later and Reece was super hyped up after the circus as he loved it so much.

I bought some Danish Donuts from the festival as they are sort of like 'fry breads' and Andrew loves them but I managed to eat way to many of them myself and then ended the day with Chinese takeaway that I again ate too much...............gggggrrrrrrr!
I then felt so guilty that I drank enough water to fill a river (hoping to flush everything away.....yeah right!) and ended up half the night peeing.

Sunday was another day where we actually got things done and started out going to pick up the remaining fence pailings and then into Bunnings for some conduet (spelling?) so Andrew could finish off the electrical stuff on the deck (lights). Once that was done he started putting on the deck boards and managed to get a third done before the rain started.

Jo and Rhian also popped in for a quick coffee and then I managed to get a nice dinner done for Andrew and my Dad for father's day which consisted of chicken done with an apricot sauce in the crock pot and roast veges with cauliflower, corn and broccoli............mmmmmmmmm.

All in all a great weekend and I am also drowning myself again with water and walking today to try and work off my Saturday naughty food............here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweets, I went for a 30km bike ride but had to stop to spu 3X, i was with Tania who fell off her bike. Needless to say it sounds aweful but we did laugh!!! I think i was sick because of something i ate (hahah too many grapes) if you know what i mean. Off for a job interview today - ill keep you posted, chat to you soon much love jax

Chubbymum said...

Hun.. are you bringing your kids and hubby to the lunch when I come down?

Love CM