Monday, September 18, 2006

Sunny days

What a lovely sunny weekend we had here in Wellington, just lifts your spirits.

Saturday morning myself and the kids went to my sisters for a catch-up and the kids played outside, then we went to Mitre 10 to price some more decking and they played in the play area.
This was very short lived as Adam (toilet training 2 year old) decided he wanted to do 'wee's' and pulled his pants down and went right there on the little bridge in the play area.........luckily I was there (but outside the gate) and nearly died of embarrassment and quickly grabbed every tissue I had in my bag and cleaned up. There was only 1 other little girl there with her Dad and he thought it was hilarious. I don't understand why he did that at all, little bugger!

Home we went for some lunch and Adam went to bed for a sleep while Reece and I played outside for a while. Saturday night was quiet, had a few wines and was in bed by 9.30pm (nanna aye?). Sunday was just as sunny and beautiful (except for the wind - good old Wellington) so we were outside by 8.30am and didn't come back inside until 3.30pm. I had a girlfriend and her 4 kids come around and they all ran each other ragged!

Food was excellent until Sunday dinner, I did have a chook out for dinner but it was still a bit frozen and it was getting late so we opted for takeaways.........bad!!!! I then sat there for the rest of the night kicking myself ........ argh!

Didn't get much done around the house but Reece decided to 'clean out' his playhouse by sweeping the floors, washing the windows and the blackboard and lining all the toys up outside on the grass - hahaha - my mate reckons he is far to young to be so clean and tidy......hahahaha.

I also went to Westfields on Sunday afternoon to get an appointment at OPSM for my contacts and I wasn't able to get one until the 2nd October and it is going to cost $200.00 for 4 appointments to get them plus a trial pack - WTF!!!
I don't care because I'm getting them anyway but still????

While I was there I also had a look around for a top for myself and do you think I could find anything??? NOPE! I tried on about 8 different tops in different designs but nothing looked right so I didn't get anything.........I will just wait until I find something I like.

Well that was about all the excitment I had on the weekend. I can't wait for summer - bring it on! BBQ weather - can't wait.

4 comments:

Ang said...

hehe - those boys of yours certainly do provide some entertainment!! lol.

YAY for bbqs (I've been invited to my first one on sunday).

Man it was WINDY in Wellington over the weekend!

Kt said...

hehe, dont kids do the darnest things!
don't beat yourself up over the takeaway, its just one meal! :)

Anne said...

When you've got to go - you've got to go!!

Looking forward to the warmer weather too and BBQ's!

Anonymous said...

that sounds weird about your contacts ... I went to visiques in manners mall, it cost me $90 for the contact lense test appointment (prescription test) and then I got a pair of monthly trial lenses and then went back after 3 weeks and had them tested ... once I purchase the contacts then it cost me for the price ... but my initial outlay was $90 for the test and that included a trial pair ... shop around mate.