Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been around to leave comments on anyone's blogs but I haven't even had a chance to read as Mum and her hubby are staying in my computer room and I just can't get in here. They have just left to go to Auckland for a wedding and won't be back until Sunday night so it will give me a chance to catch up with everyone.

I have been very boring and don't really have any news.

We had a BBQ on New Year's Eve and had my Dad plus Mum and her hubby (everyone gets along thankfully) another couple from our old street and Andrew, me and the boys. We all got to bed around Midnight which was quite late for us..........LOL

The weather has been shocking!!! Today is the first time I have seen a wee bit of sun since before Christmas, so the boys are outside (got mostly outside toys for Xmas....poor things) playing with their toys and I am just getting the house back together now our guests have left for a few days.
Andrew has had to work through and has only had the public holidays off but he doesn't mind too much as he and my Mum DON'T get along so it is best they keep apart as much as possible.

I go back to work on the 8th and I must admit I am looking forward to getting back into a routine.

I didn't go to weigh in last night as everyone was out and I didn't fancy taking the kids with me plus I am not looking forward to what the scales are going to say to me but I will front up next week!
I have had a wee peek at my home scales (couldn't help myself) and it looks like about 2kgs damage .... argh! I am now back to my cereal for breakfast instead of a cooked one and am making much better choices for lunch and dinner but I must admit it is much harder of an evening when you have guests staying.

Right I'm off to play with the kids for a while (we taught Reece to ride his bike today) and then a good ole coffee is on the cards.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Happy New Year to you hun! Hope to catch up soon... and yay for the sunshine today! Just wish it had some warmth in it too..

Sue said...

Happy New Year Rachel. Looks like the next couple of days should be better.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Don't stress about the gain, it'll all come off as quickly as it went on!

Sounds like you're so busy, it's always hard when you have people staying so don't give yourself a hard time.

Hope it all goes well and you're right, nothing like routine!

xxx
Sandii

Carla said...

Happy New Years lovely!! :)

Ang said...

HEY YOU!!!

See if you can beat my 1.6kgs gain! I dare ay. lol. Just kidding, I hope the damage isn't too serious, what the hell it only happens once a year.

Bel said...

Happy New Year Rachel!

We are all in the same boat with being out of a routine. Even thought I have only had the public holidays off this time of year does put you out of whack.

You have a week to go hard and get the gain off or minimise it as much as you can. You are already taking steps to do that and I'm sure your gain (if any) will be minimal. Unlike mine! lololol

Here's to a great year!
Bel

Anne said...

Happy New Year Rachel:)

Hope your first day back at work is not too hard going for you.

Bel said...

Hey Rachel!

I just picked up my fins from a sports store. I have also seen them at K-Mart. They are usually with all the swimming goggles, caps etc. They really just look like fins that you would use to snorkle.

Hope that helps!
Bel