Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Weigh in

Well I'm pleased to announce I had a LOSS of 300 grams bringing me back to 98.3kgs (total 12kg loss). I finished the year off (last weigh in before Xmas) with a 300 gram gain and started the New Year off with a 300 gram loss.......gotta love that!

I have also been recording my steps for the last week just to see what I am doing (I hear you should do a minimum of 10,000 steps a day) and was horrified on how much I wasn't doing.

3/1/07 - 5933
4/1/07 - 7793
5/1/07 - 5588
6/1/07 - 3248 (this was from 1pm as I dropped it and it zeroed out in the morning)
7/1/07 - Forgot to put it on.
8/1/07 - 10221 (gym)
9/1/07 - 11982 (went shopping after work - obviously the best exercise for me....LOL)

I want to be doing a minimum of 10,000 steps when I don't do exercise but I want to be doing way over that if I have walked or gone to the gym (to bad you can't wear it in the water when I swim) and then build it up every month.

Right I'd better go and do some more work, I have been flat out at work but don't even seem to have made a dent in what has to be done.

I just looked out the window and it is raining..............IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE SUMMER FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo for the loss hun that is fantastic.

When I was watching the show Downsize me the guy on their told a lady that was over 100 kilos that she should be aiming for 6 to 7000 steps a day... so I think the 10000 a day maybe for a normal person? Sometimes 10000 is unrealistic. I average at 7000 to 8000 a day.

CM

Sue said...

I think rain is a fairly kind description for it! Pissing down, really.
For exercise where you can't count your steps (like swimming) estimate 1000 steps per 10 minutes.
And well done on losing over Xmas - not many of us managed that.

Karen said...

Woohoo! Well done on the loss hun! Great work indeed!
Summer??? What's that???

Kate said...

Well done on your loss!! Woohoo!

My in laws have been in India since before christmas and they rung us last night, and asked if we had managed to get a swim in their pool.. they were horrified when we said it's only been sunny about 3 days since they left. And the girls got a paddling pool for christmas from their uncle, in about november.. and we haven't even opened it yet because it just hasn't been warm enough. I'm not a summer fan, but gee.. where is it this year?

Anne said...

Well done on the loss! Great effort:)

I'm finding now I'm back into my normal routine 10,000 steps is hard going. When I wear the pedometor though it makes me more aware and I tend to keep moving.

Summer - I want some sun!!

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You are awesome.

I'm SO sick of this weather!! GRRRR

Bel said...

Congratulations on the loss!

What a great way to start the year.

Bel