Monday, January 29, 2007

Missed 21st

Yep I missed my newphew's 21st on Friday night because I walked in from work and Adam had a temp of 39 degrees and a red rash up the back of his legs (not just behind the knees like the night before) and wanted to sit on my lap and nobody was aloud near us.

Andrew said he would stay home with him so I could go to the 21st but Adam would have a bar of him so it was best he went and I stayed home with the kids *sigh*.
After I had given him a bath with anti-itching stuff, a REALLY good dose of Pamol and put some cream on his legs he was as happy as larry and went into the playroom and watched a DVD with his brother while I sat in the lounge on my own all night *growl*. He's 100% now.

Saturday I felt really guilty I didn't go to the 21st so I asked my sister around (the mother of the 21st boy) and family and then figured I'd better also ask the other sister or there would be a family feud and I made all the salads etc for the rest of the afternoon.

I made potato salad, rice salad, stuffed eggs and the most amazing salad I have ever made.
My salad consisted of mesculin lettue leaves, crispy bacon, avacardo, roasted pine nuts, sundried tomato's, feta cheese and then drizzled with citris dressing..............A - MAZ - ING!!!

My plate consisted of half a plate of the above mentioned salad and a spoonful of the rice salad and potato salad plus 1 stuffed egg and 1 chicken kebab and 2 small pieces of paua (fried on the Barbie...YUMMO). I had also made heaps of pudding but managed to go inside and do the dishes while everyone else ate that. All in all I was very proud of my efforts and even had another dose of brown rice and vege's on Sunday night for dinner.

I just love BBQ weather!!

Expecting TOM today or tomorrow and its weigh in tomorrow night (typical) so I am feeling very bloated and yuck but I know I have been the best I have been in months as far as making good food choices, so I am hoping I have at least a small loss (I usually put on TOM week).

Later.............

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Lucky you didn't take Adam to the doctors, sit there waiting for and hour to be told to just take him home and give him Pamol! Sounds like you are on a roll, I take my hat off to you for not eating pudding, I don't think I could resist.... in fact last night I didn't! Bloody chocolate cake, ice cream and sauce !!! BAD me.

Anonymous said...

pumpkin seeds, seasame seeds & sunflower seeds. Raw, unroasted, unsalted - fantastic

Anne said...

Got to say I've got heaps more adventurous too with salads - no longer boring bits of greenery, they are to be enjoyed!

We bash our paua, slice thinly, roll in flour wish a dash of piri piri and quickly saute on the BBQ -tender and absolutely yummy.

14pk said...

time of the month sucks!!! i'm sure it loves turning up on weighin days....!!! haha.

Sandii said...

hate to say it but it's always the way with littlies isn't it? i keep Isaac home from daycare and next thing he's bouncing off the walls wanting lollies and chocolate milk... what is with that??

thanks for your comment Rach, sorry about you not knowing where i had gone to... i thought you'd just started to neglect me :-)

don't stress about weigh in... you'll be right!!!
xx

Anne said...

Hi Rachel - I tagged you - won't take you long to answer!!