Friday, January 26, 2007

Vege's for dinner

Well I told them what was for dinner and attempted to give them (hubby and 2 kids) what I was going to eat for dinner but the amount of whinging and moaning got the better of me so I gave in (soft ay?), so this is what we had:

Hubby and kids = Beef schnitzel, mashed potato's, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower.

Me = Half piece of schnitzel, brown rice with onion, mushrooms, 3 different coloured capsicum, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower.......yummo, doesn't mine sound much nicer?
I actually made too much of my little mixture, so I have taken the leftover rice and vege's for lunch today.

Righto back to work..........catch ya all later.

P.S. Sandii - if you read this can you please email me so I have your address as your comments are only coming in through 'anonymous' and I'm dying to hear how you are getting on in Perth.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

what a shame you couldn't get them to try the rice, it is so yum. At least they did have veges, mine scream holy blue murder if they see veges on their plate, lots of screaming happens in my house obviously ! Griffin will only eat one piece of each vege, but never broccoli or cauliflower!

Karen said...

Yeap your dinner sure did sound a lot nicer than the boys one... and I am sure it tasted a lot better too!
Enjoy your weekend and hope to catch up soon.

Anne said...

Keep trying them with the meals - you may win some of the time!

Sandii said...

hey sweets

sorry, i forgot that i can comment on you at work but it leaves you no link to me....

ahhhh was wondering where you have been!!!!

so here i am.
xxx

and yes your dinner sounds far better!!!

Ang said...

Yours does sound much better!!

Have emailed you to pick your brains if your willing. lol

Anonymous said...

My boys always get a wee plate of veges (attractively presented) before the main part of their meal.

They only have fruit for afternoon tea so by dinner time they're hungry and the veges are well received.
I often make a mix of lightly cooked and raw veges and sometimes drizzle olive oil over and a grind of black pepper, or put a little pile of avocado mashed with lemon juice in the centre of the plate to dip the veges into.
Kids do need fats, just not the yellow ones you mentioned in a prev. post.

Persevere with the veges :o)