Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rrrrrrrrrrrr work

Yep it is my 2nd day back at work and I am loving it...............I really am a 'routine' girl and things are getting back to normal.
Andrew and I are back at work (andrew never finished) and Adam is back at daycare. Reece doesn't go back to school until the 7th February (WHAT is THAT about) so he is with his Pop this week and then in a holiday programme for 3 weeks after that (there goes MORE money I don't have).


Mum and Bing arrived back at home last night (after going to Auckland for a wedding) so they (and my Dad) got nice and drunk last night on the back deck with the lovely weather and then kept my kids up unit 9.30pm until I went in and told Mum off ............. Oh how roles have reversed!

Mother moan below:
The one thing I hate about Mum when she drinks is that she gets all 'poor me' and 'why aren't you doing what I say' attitude and treats me like a child which I REALLY hate but if I say anything, the drama of it is too much so I keep my mouth shut.
She knows how hard I am trying with this weightloss journey but because she isn't doing very well she tries to sabotage me to make her feel better. Last night she was hassling me to have a few wines with her and eat a plate of cheese and biscuits because she felt like eating them. I stuck to my water and didn't eat anything until dinner and rather than say 'good girl Rachel' she sulks and drops her lip.........don't ya just love that.......NOT!
But I was very proud of myself that I didn't cave (I have thousands of times in the past) and stuck to my guns, I sat there and thought "I am not going to get to your age and still feel like I do now about my weight, I am going to get this weightloss out of the way and live a healthly life!".

Andrew could see I was quite upset and managed to not piss her off too much and went and built a gate for our fence..........hahaha.

I cooked a big roast chicken with all the roast veges and cauliflower/brocolli with cheese sauce and managed to have one small helping of everything and then left the table (again Mum kept telling me to eat more which I ignored) and I didn't feel all full and bloated afterwards.

Mother moan over.........

Weigh in tonight and I have had a sneaky look at my scales this morning and I reckon if I can get away with a small gain (or maintain) I will be lucky. I am about 300 grams up to my last weigh in but it is only the morning so by the time I eat etc, we will see. I am really hoping it isn't a big gain but I am NOT going to moan about it as it was ME who ate so much over the Xmas/New Year period so I have to pay the price which is fine. At least I didn't go totally overboard and loose the plot completely (which I have done numerous times over the years).

I'm sure I had more (interesting) things to say but I have drawn a plank (had to believe I know.....LOL) so I will sign off and catch up with you all tomorrow morning with weigh in results.

6 comments:

Ang said...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I feel for you girl. But you did fantastically well!! You are doing great, don't let ANYONE stop you.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Good on you for not caving in to your mum... mine isnt anything like that so I cant say I know what its like...
Mum is good like that... she is on a weightloss journey of her own.. and she told me last night..."I have put on 5 pounds over christmas!!" poor thing... she lives here in tassie but had dinosaur scales.. and still goes by pounds..i have no idea how much she weighs.. as she hasnt ever said and I wont ask...
funny huh...
Stay strong... and bite your tongue.. hopefully she will be gone soon...

Karen said...

Well done hun on not caving in to your mum's pleading!!! That must have been hard but like you say you want to get the weightloss part out of the way so you can relax and enjoy a healthly lifestyle! :)
So stay strong hun and before you know it she will be back home then we can have a good ole girlie catch up! :)

Anonymous said...

We are all allowed to moan girl!! It is the only place I can moan about my family he he he and it wasn't fair for her to be making you feel bad when you are doing so well.... sad mum really.

I allowed a 2 kilo gain over xmas so that I didn't feel guilty but tried to be good on occasions so if I gain under or just that then I am satisfied and I get back in to it now. Once a year is enough for me so that I can just relax but that is it!!!

Good luck for weigh in tonight hun.

Love CM

Chris H said...

Good on you for sticking to your guns Re: food and drink. I envy you being able to vent on your blog, I can't anymore cos of silly family members who can't take an honest comment .... shitty family. But then again, I have had the last laugh cos I put comment moderator on so now they can't comment on me blog ever again... yaddy yaddy ya. See you soon I hope with a get together in Palmy ???

Anne said...

Great you could not let your Mum get to you. I know I would be the other way with my kids if they had a weight problem and try and encourage them.