Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The weekend that was........

Saturday was quite with Andrew at golf and me and the kids at home.

Sunday started very early (5am) as me and a family friend had to go to my Aunties funeral in Turangi in a day. Go there at 9.30am and went straight up to the marae, didn't get away until 1.30pm and then took nearly 5 hours to get home as there were 3 accidents......dumb drivers following too closely in wet conditions.

Monday morning I got a sleep in (good husband good!) and then breakfast and coffee made for me. Got dressed and sat outside in the sun for an hour or so watching the kids play and then headed off to Mitre 10 for our Wellington bloggers lunch. I had the best time with the best company and totally forgot my camera but Sue took some and may post them?
There was Sue, Helena, Karen (and baby Rachel) and Jo and we must have been there over 2 hours. We laughed and jokes and had a lovely lunch and lots of coffee's.
Got home around 3pm and then decided to take the kids to the pools as it was really muggy, it was really packed but the kids had a ball and the only downfall of the trip was that I lost my pedometer. I will give them a ring today to see if anyone handed it in (doubt it).

Got home and did all the usual lunches, packing bags etc and got to be around 10pm.

I have been excellent with my water intake and my food hasn't been too bad (apart from my triple chocolate brownie at Mitre 10 - oh and the 4 picnic biscuit fudge bars), hmmm re-reading that comment and I can't really say my food has been that good, bugger!
Weigh in tonight so I will have to wait and see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great lunch, in particular the brownie! lol

hope you have a good weigh in, i'm sure you will.

ahhh you sound so busy and organised, i need some of that!

hope you're well and look forward to reading

take care

Sandii
x

Ang said...

YAY for three day weekends ay!!!

One or two slip ups doesn't mean a thing!!!

Carla said...

so... did you have chicken salad for lunch then? :p

sounds like a lovely day you had yesterday! and longggg driving for you on the weekend!

Chris H said...

Hmmm, a few slip ups like me! Hope the scales are kind to you at weigh in! Shame we missed the bloggers lunch... next time?

Karen said...

Was great catching up with you yesterday mate! We had an awesome time with lots of laughs!
Have a good week