Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nothing exciting happening

I have been just plodding along the last couple of days, not much happening.

Today I have a doctors appointment as I have to get a sun spot on my face checked out (and burnt off I think) as it is changing shape and colour and both my dad and aunty have had melanoma's on their faces so I'm getting it seen to before it turns into anything nasty.

My 5 years old Reece has been having some 'emotional' moments the last couple of days, he keeps thinking about his Poppy dying and gets really upset. He will be there watching TV or something and then just start crying, when I ask him whats wrong he says 'Pop is old and is going to die and I am going to miss him'....bless his wee heart. I am not one for going into death etc with a 5 year old but to help him emotionally I just told him that Pop is old and will die but not until he is also old and married with kids...........hahaha, that started a whole new subject.
I spoke to Andrew about it and he said he can remember going through a similar thing at about 7 when he use to always think his mum was going to die...........strange family ay?

Right onto less more morbid things.

My water and steps have been excellent and tonight I am going to make brown rice with HEAPS of vege's and ALL the family is going to eat it. With this weightloss journey I have been cooking one meal for me and then another one for the rest of the family, when I actually thought about it I realised what a twit I was being as I don't ONLY want ME to be heathly. I have converted Adam (2.5 year old) to eating my WW cereal of a morning.....LOL he much prefers it to coco pops or something like that and the whole family are great fruit eaters but terrible vege eaters, so as of this week I am not going to buy anymore 'yellow' foods (ie. chips, nuggets, 2 minute noodles) and see how they handle it.

Right its lunch time and I am a bit peckish so I will love ya and leave ya and go and have something to eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you hun... you shouldn't have to make two meals a night etc.. you don't want you family to have weight problems and while they are young it is the best time to help them.

My oldest went through a similar thing but my Dad had died and was worried about my mum (his Nana) I think it is just a part of growing up and I think a lot of kids go through it.

Just be there to answer his questions when he asks hun that is all you can do aye.

Love ya
CM

Chris H said...

Good for you, I'm sure the family will love the brown rice, mine do!