Monday, August 06, 2007

Blogger Mid Winter Xmas party!

Well where do I start?


Saturday I was up nice and early and down to soccer I went with the kids and they won which was a rare event and Reece scored 2 goals for his team and one for their team...hahaha (He is second from the left).



Then raced home and had a shower, bumped my bags in the car (which I'd packed the night before) and shot off to pick up Helena.

Gas bagged all the way to Palmy and couldn't believe we got there so quickly, shot to New World to get some supplies and arrived about 2.30pm.

Lyn, Lee-anne, ChubbyMum, ChubbyDad, Janene and Felicity were already there and drinking so Helena and I quickly got ourselves settled and the gabfest started.

Helena made a comment in her blog saying that apart from us eating the yummy dinner Chris and Stew put on, there wasn't a moment's silence. Everyone got on really well and I felt really comfortable with everyone.
Lynise turned up a bit later and she also just sat down and started chatting with everyone like we had known each other for ages (which really we have in a weird kind of way).
The Christmas present opening was hilarious and everyone got into the spirit of things.

ChubbyMum and Dad I have already met and just LOVED seeing them again.
Lynise was gorgeous and really bubbly.
Chris is of course the hostess with the mostess and made us all feel at home.
Janene was the life of the party and got us all up dancing (thanks for that sweets).
Felicity was a really down to earth lovely person and I really enjoyed meeting her.
Lyn had the best sense of humour and kept us all entertained with her games (ie. how looks and sounds like their blogs).
Lee-anne was really lovely and I felt really comfortable talking to her.
Helena is gorgeous and funny and the 'dancing queen' on the dance floor.
Stew (Chris's hubby) was amazing and cooked for us and then cleaned everything up the next morning (WHAT A MAN!) and was such a giggle when we were opening our Xmas presents.

Got drunk (no suprise there) but also drank 3 litres of water during the course of the night which REALLY helped with the head the following morning.
Had an excellent time jumping on Chris's computer with the girls and leaving comments (which I had to read the following morning to remember what I wrote).

Anyway here are some photo's in no particular order.

Chris (our wonderful hostess)




Chris & Helena the morning after




Felicity (our new grandma)




Helena




Janene (trying to hide through a transparent cup) and ChubbyMum



Me cracking up at Helena's Xmas present (a box with $5.00 in it)




Lee-anne




Lyn




Lynise




Group photo of us all





We did the clothes swap thing (I got 4 great tops and 1 pair of ¾ jeans) and then headed for bed at 11pm…………….pack of nanna’s we are!

Had the best sleep in Brylee’s room (thanks Brylee for giving us your room) and then grabbed a coffee before saying goodby to Chris and Stew (and kids) and headed to Ezibuy for a coffee with ChubbyMum and Dad and Felicity and then SHOPPED but only managed to find 1 pair of brown ¾ cargo sort of pants and a lime green long sleeved top (they look good together).
Dropped Felicity back at Chris’s house and off we went back to Wellington.
Got home about 2.30pm I think and got into my housework as the place looked like a tip. Managed to sit down about 9.30pm last night…………..*sigh*

I had an amazing time and I just loved meeting all you ladies, you were wonderful and I feel like when I read your posts now I will really be able to picture how you say things now which will be totally different.

A BIG THANK YOU to Chris and Stew for opening their beautiful big home to us all.

P.S. I don’t know who brought what but all the food was delicious and when I put on weight this week because I just HAD to have a bit of everything, I’m blaming ALL OF YOU!!!!!! Nah just joking.

9 comments:

Christine said...

You guys look like you had a blast. Thanks for posting great pictures with all the smiles and laughs.

Keep in mind my home is always open if you guys want to make the trip to Canada. :)

Chris H said...

Awesome photos!! See a few very similar to mine! Thanks so much for coming, it was a blast and we thoroughly enjoyed having everyone here!!!! It was the BEST PARTY ever!!!

The Candid Bandit said...

Thanks for naming everyone in the pictures, it made it nice and easy.

I wish I could have come, it looked wonderful!

14pk said...

looks like you had a super fun time!!!

pointing the weigh said...

So pleased you had a fab time I only wish I could have been there with you all but alas I could not...boohoo

The pics are great!! I'm going through everyone's blogs to read how they enjoyed it and for any more pics.

Enjoy your day hun

Hugs

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad you had a top night..I am sooo jealous....

Lyn said...

Ohhhh my gooooodness!! Really starting to think I musta been a piss head ... even your photo shows me looking out of it!!!! lol

And yes great to see the photo back up ... red-x girl

Lee-Anne said...

Man the cameras sure got a thrashing this weekend. It's a good bloggers pic.

Lovely to meet you Rach, another shortie and aren't we an awesome bunch of ladies. We definitely have to do this again.

I'm not going to weigh in this week I don't think.

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm exhausted just reading the post! sounds like a brilliant time was had by all.

the photos are cool! lookin' pretty happy.

good work on the new clothes.

the boys look so cute in their tiny soccier gear. good win!

talk soon, take care, don't worry about weigh in!
xx