Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I feel good.....da nah nah nah nah nah nah

Yep Tuesday morning and I am feeling awesome.
I have had a relatively good week with food/water/exercise and I feel heaps better for it. The shakes are still amazing me as far as flavour and how effective they are. I was saying to Helena on the weekend that I have set morning/lunch/afternoon tea at work and usually when that time arrives I am hunting for food because I am hungry but since being on the shakes, I haven't felt hungry (I'm not eating morning or afternoon tea) which amazes me no end.

Yesterday was a bit of a challenge as it was hubby's birthday and the kids wanted 'party' food and the old man wanted an ice-cream cake (healthly food - I think NOT!). So I did a huge bacon and egg pie and little party pies (mini savories) with fairy bread (kids love it).

That's what everyone had and I had (wait for it)..........cereal and yoghurt...hahahaha got I'm boring. So that was the 2nd time I had cereal and yoghurt yesterday (also had it for breakfast) but I really love it and it fills me up.

We also had friends (and my Dad) around to 'cut the cake' and we all had a piece. Now I have NEVER been an ice cream girl because the creaminess of the ice cream give's me reflux and I suffer for it but thought I would chance it as it was something I haven't had for years and guess what? MAJOR REFLUX all night (will I ever learn) so I was really peeved that I suffered for one little indulgence but it did give me resolve not to touch the bloody stuff again.

I also get reflux from pastry (hence no bacon & egg pie) mince and chops do it to me as well (fat content) so luckily for me I can quite easily stay away from this stuff 99% of the time.

God I ramble............

OK, weigh in tonight and I will be happy with whatever the scale gods bestow on me. I have no magic figure in my head of what I expect or anything, just a loss will be fine. Until tomorrow :)

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Fingers crossed for a fabulous weigh in.... you deserve it! Heartburn... I used to suffer from that BIG TIME...even air gave it to me I reckon! Phew, glad I never get it now!

Anne said...

You are sounding great!! Good luck tonight - I'm sure you will have a nice surprise after all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

i'm happy to hear you're feeling so good. it's the result of a fine week.

i'm not an icecream girl unless it's Homer Hudson Chock Rock mmm or Hagen Daaz belgian chocolate, and that's prob because it has huge chunks of dark chocolate, and jsut a bit of icecream with it, hee hee hee

good luck for tonight!

Lee-Anne said...

Can't wait to hear your results. you've been so good and you sound like you're on fire.

Chubbymum said...

It is good when you feel great aye... woohooo tonight is going to be great hun.

Chubbymum

Jenny said...

Good wishes for tonight. :)
To answer your question LOL......
Nope it doesn't leave a bulge and mine hasn't been uncomfortable. It is a small one and it sits in the centre clipped to my bra between my boobs LOL. The only thing I have noticed is a bit of a rattle.......LOL !!!!!!

Kt said...

good luck for weigh in!
U did awesome having yoghurt and cereal!
you poor poor thing to get reflux to icecream... I couldn't cope!