Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Protein Shakes

Yep I'm gunna try the ole protein shakes.

I feel I need to get back into the swing of things and drop a couple of kilo's to get my head back in the right place and I am doing my usual thing which is trying to not put on weight rather than trying to lose weight.

So I am weighing in tonight and starting the protein shakes tomorrow. I have also gone out and gotten some low GI fruits which I will have with my protein shake and then limit my evening meal to a small amount of protein and lots of either steamed vege's or salad. I am going completely cold turkey with all carbs (bread, potoato's, pasta, rice etc) and lowering my dairy intake as well as cutting out all alcohol.

I will do this for 2 weeks only as I know it isn't sustainable long term and I don't want to be substituting my meals for shakes as I really enjoy food but I need to get some control back as my portions are getting bigger and I am picking HEAPS more because I think I'm hungry and I'M NOT!

LET THE SHAKES BEGIN....................

On other totally unrelated news, I had a lovely weekend which started with me up and out of the house at 7.30am to the Hutt to get my fruit and vege's and then back to pick up the hubby, father and kids and get down to soccer which we discovered was cancelled when we got there (I really need to listen to the radio in the mornings).

Helena came around for a coffee and we talked non stop (as we do) for a couple of hours (thanks mate, love your visits).

Then got the thomas the tank engine train tracks etc out and built a massive track in the loungeroom which the kids thought was 'cool'.

Saturday night we had one of Andrew's friends come around for a couple of hours to visit.

Sunday - Totally Mum and the boys!!
Went to the warehouse and got one of Reece's mates a present for his birthday next week then asked them what they wanted to do and they wanted to 'go visit people'......hahaha social little butterflies just like their mother.
We ended up at my eldest sisters for banana piklets (yep I had 3) and muffins (didn't have any muffins) then went to another friends where it was just coffee and the kids ran around for a couple of hours........nice.

Got home just before Andrew came home from golf, cooked an easy dinner (eggs on toast for the boys with sausages) and I had a vegetable stir fry.

NO ALCOHOL, what a bugger!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Whatever it takes to get back on track eh? Me too... I think lots of us are turning to different ways to get back on track lately... at least we all feel comfortable fessing up to what we are doing. I like that!!! GO US!!! See you on sunday chick *JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH GLEE*

Chris H said...

shit, gotta go - supposed to meet walking buddy in 5 mins...

Anne said...

I'm sure the Shakes will kick start you again. Good luck:-)

Name: Lynise said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm back to taking protein shakes again this week. I have bought a months supply and am determind that I need to have a great 4 weeks as I need to start seeing the scales shifting down again.

Anonymous said...

i think you do what you need to do. the shakes are a great way to kickstart, especially if you feel your portions have blown out a little. you've done so well and you will stay on track! don't worry about what the scales say, it's more about the way you feel and health that counts. easy to say i know...

your weekend sounds busy. we have Thomas tracks on our loungroom floor too! ahhh boys
x

celtic_girl said...

Good luck with the shakes. I'm struggling at the moment as I went off them for a day on the weekend and am having all the cravings and headaches again.

Which ones are you having?