Friday, August 24, 2007

Protein shake - day 2

i think I will record what I have eaten and whatnot so I can look back at it in future.

Hubby has decided that since I don't like the chocolate shake, he will have it and has found that he isn't snacking after dinner (he still eats 3 meals a day + the shake) which he thinks is great.

Breakfast: Berry shake
Lunch: 8x vitaweats with vegemite, grapes
Dinner: Vegetable stir fry and berry shake
Water: 3 litres

Great day I think and I wasn't hungry once! I even left some of my vege stir fry (unheard of) because I stopped and thought about if I was hungry rather than showelling it down my throat until it was finished.

Had a phone call from Adam's daycare yesterday morning to say he had fallen off the trampoline rebounder and cut his head (not enough for stitches) and they thought we needed to take him to the doctors to see if there was any real damage done. As Andrew was in the area, he went and got him and I got a phone call on the way to the doctors (from Andrew's car) from Adam saying "I got a cool hole in my head Mum"....LOL he is so different to my oldest who would have cried for a month.

Got checked out - all OK, back to daycare after his Daddy took him to McDonald's for lunch.

Went and got the grocery shopping after work and I have managed to get it down to $400.00 for a months worth and then I just top it up the other weeks. That doesn't include fruit and vege's which I have been getting from the Riverbank market we have here on a Saturday morning which usually costs me about $35.00 a week. So all up I am only spending $160.00 a week on groceries for a family of 4 which I reckon is bloody good. In days gone by when I use to shop weekly, I could spend about $250 - $300 easily. Mind you now the kids don't have nappies and formula that has saved heaps.

Even if I can say $10 a week that is $10 towards my spending money when I go to Aussie in January so I can buy CLOTHES.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Your shopping bill is amazing? Where are we going wrong? Oh hold on... it's all the fucken toilet paper!!!

Anne said...

Funny but both the younger grandkids in each family are the tougher ones as well and the older two are more sensitive.

Helena said...

dont listen to Chris H I replaced the toilet paper remember? LMAO!

Margaret said...

Hi Rachel. I have bounced here via SmallerSue's blog. Wanted to say good luck with the Protein Shakes. As a fellow 38 year old mother of 2 boys - 3 & 5 (how freaky is that!) I know that looking after yourself comes a distant last, but I think you are doing a great job.. And I will have to have a look at our grocery bill and see if a monthly run will improve ours like it has yours.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Mel. said...

All the best with the protein shakes and I hope it does the trick.