Thursday, August 30, 2007

Protein shake - Day 9

Still going strong and feeling GREAT.

Food yesterday:

Breakfast: WW cereal and yoghurt
Lunch: small packet of sushi (hubby bought it into work for me.....ohhhhh)
Dinner: berry shake and grapes

Snacks: 1 mini packet of sakata crackers (10 in each packet - 1 point)
Water: 4 litres

I have also been having 3 coffee's a day which is one more than I had planned but still think 3 is better than the 6 or 8 I usually have.
My carbs have been nearly non-existent and I haven't had bread in 9 days and feel fantastic for it.

I have the most annoying tickle in my throat which hasn't turned into anything (like a cold etc) but it is driving me crazy and the only thing that gets rid of it for a little while is gallons of water, hence my 4 litres yesterday. So really the negative of having the tickle has turned into a positive because I'm drinking my water without even thinking about it......LOL

Saturday I will be down at the fruit and vege market early and then going to get my hair cut and coloured (it sooooooo needs it) and then I'm off to have a look around the Upper Hutt Spring Fair. It is always a lovely fair and that's where I usually get Andrew and Dad's father's day presents. I'm also meeting a friend afterwards at a coffee shop up there to have a coffee and watch the people walking up and down the street (its a yearly thing we do - weird aye?).

We have a few friends coming over on Saturday night and we are going to try and have a BBQ, I'm hoping the weather is wrong (forecast is rain) because there will be 4+ kids and I want them outside as we only have a tiny house plus I don't want hubby to get too wet while cooking the BBQ.....hahaha.
I actually chose what we were going to have because I was trying to think of something that the adults AND kids will eat and a BBQ is meat and salad which will be easier to prepare and be excellent for my eating plan.

Sunday being fathers day, Andrew will get his BIG BREAKFAST with all the trimmings and then he and Dad are off to golf for most of the day and I will have a BIG ROAST DINNER for when they get home, so most of my day will be taken up cooking, cleaning up and cooking again (I'm such a good wifey).

I won't be around tomorrow as I have a full day course (Industrial Medic) and won't get to my computer, so I'll catch you all next week.......have a good one.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Have a fun filled weekend! Have to laugh at your BBQ - Peter complains we leave him cooking in the cold while we are inside in the warm. Hope you don't get rain for yours!

Anonymous said...

we must be soul mates, i love people watching and i love bbq's.

hope you have a great weekend, sure to be busy and lots of fun.

would love to come round for a roast... ahhhhhhh maybe one day?

take care and great work on the shakes and sticking to your plan, it's excellent.

Jenny said...

Have a great weekend and enjoy the Spring Flingie.......we have one here too so am hoping for a fine Saturday too. Well done on the food choices. Take care :)

Chris H said...

Have a wonderful weekend, think I will be the one getting the breakfast in bed on Sunday.... lucky me! Poor Stew, he's one in a million that man. What sort of shakes are you having??? Might give them a go myself.

Christine said...

Sounds like good times ahead for you. Looking forward to seeing the hairdo!

Margaret said...

The BBQ sounds fantastic. That is always my choice of meal when entertaining because you can do so much with the meat without it adding too many calories, people take from huge bowls of salad and bread, so it is easy for me to measure out for myself what I want without it being obvious.

Have a great weekend, and well done on your shakes - you sound really happy and motivated..

JustJo said...

Have fun at the fair chick!! And by the way - what you did for Helena and Craig... fantastic!! YOU ROCK!!

Chubbymum said...

Isn't it funny how it is Fathers day but we do all the work.. he he he

I have my oldest birthday on Saturday and Fathers day on Sunday so what a nightmare of a weekend for me.

Sounds like you are soooo motivated and on track hun.... keep it up you are an inspiration.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com