Monday, August 27, 2007

Sunny Wellington Weekend

What a fabulous sunny, warm (not hot yet) weekend we had here in the capital.

Andrew went to golf so the boys and I thought about what we wanted to do and when I asked them if they wanted to go to the park or the Warehouse they chose the Warehouse.....hahahaha shopaholic's like their Mother (so proud *tear*).
Didn't really get anything, just went for a wander.

Saturday night we went to Lonestar for dinner (finally) and it was well worth the wait. I had heard the meals were huge so Andrew and I decided to share an entree (guacomole) and we didn't finish it as we really wanted to 'save' ourselves for the main. I had ordered the chicken breasts that were stuffed with mushrooms and other yummy stuff and then crumbed with a lovely mushroom sauce and Andrew got the stuffed pork and both came with roasted potato's and coleslaw (the coleslaw was amazing). So I ended up with 2 chicken breasts which blew me away and the only thing I managed to finish was the coleslaw and most of the chicken but I stayed away from the potato's (only a few) and Andrew also only got through about 3/4 before he admitted defeat. When asked for if we wanted the dessert menu we both said "yes please" and when we looked at it we decided there was NO WAY we could eat anything more.....LOL

BEAUTIFUL!! Really enjoyed it and can recommend it for a really good meal but be warned they are MAN size meals plus.

Wandered over the the Michael Fowler Centre and had a coffee/beer in the bar there and waited for the Tony Orlando show (he sings tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree - I kid you not!) which was Andrew's birthday present (he is 38 today) and I was DRAGGED along. He was a good performer and the band was brilliant but it really wasn't my sort of music, Andrew loved it and actually got up and danced to one song with all the other oldies......LOL The people next to us told us we were too young to be there and we were actually the youngest people there.

Sunday was breakfast/brunch with the girls (Janene, Chris H, Sue, Jenny, Anne, Jo & Rose) to have a last cuppa with Helena before she goes in for her op and it was excellent catching up with these women. It amazes me that we are all so different and come from different places but we all get on REALLY well.
We then headed in to the Women's Expo (minus Jo and Rose) for a wander around for a couple of hours and I really enjoyed it. I haven't been over to Chris H's blog this morning but I bet there are some fab photo's.
Grabbed a takeaway coffee (thanks again Sue) and headed up to Sue's apartment in town which was gorgeous.

Home by 3.30pm.........brilliant!

Sat down with the boys for a couple of hours and made birthday cards for Andrew with my card making stuff. Heaps of fun and they couldn't wait to give them to their Dad this morning (5.45am).

Protein shakes - I had two shakes on Friday and a lovely salad for dinner with a corner of Andrew's steak.
Saturday I had one shake for lunch (cereal & yoghurt for breakfast) and then Lonestar for dinner.
Sunday I had a shake in the morning before we left and then muesli, fruit and yoghurt with the girls at brunch and then a handful of raw cashew nuts when I got home and corned beef and salad for dinner.

Back into it today.....

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Huh, I did not get many photos afterall!!! Don't know what happened there! Think I was having too much fun yakking!!! Was lovely to see you (and the others) and can't wait to do it again ... hoping it will be in about 5 weeks when we can go visit Skinny Helena!!

Anne said...

Was a beautiful day down there. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and once again was greaat to catch up!

Sue said...

It WAS a fun day, so nice to catch up with everyone. Forgot to grab one of those silver massagers though...

Christine said...

That's great to be able to meet up with the gals. I can only imagine what the conversation is at that table! :)

Anonymous said...

man you are busy!

hope the shakes offer a loss this week, i'm sure they will.

i love lonestar, did they do any linedancing? you used to be able to throw your peanut shells on the floor, before OH&S became big
x

Kt said...

Sounds like u had afabulous wknd :)
also sounds like u are fairly well on track!