Monday, September 03, 2007

Healthy to very unhealthy

Last week I was ON FIRE! I was doing my shakes, feeling great, getting a little exercise, drinking ALL my water plus some and just generally feeling fantastic.

This week.............disaster!.

Saturday

Spring fair, decided I would eat when I got home but ran late and didn't get home until after 2pm and then just started getting the food ready for the BBQ with our friends who were arriving at 5pm.

I then proceeded to make the salad's for dinner and kept popping things in my mouth that I usually never do. Now you would think alarm bells would be going off right about now but NOooooooooooo, onto the mango philly cheese with crackers and dip and don't forget the packet of chippies that I taste tested while Andrew went and picked up our guests.

I then ate 3 BBQ'ed sausages (not on the plan) and half a loaf of garlic bread (not good) a large piece of steak and minimal salad......WTF? I then proceeded to ice the chocolate eclairs and make the fruit salad and put the marshmellows out and had a huge bowl with everything in it???????

I'm sure the 2 bottles of wine did nothing to help me either.....*sigh*

I then got up Sunday morning and made Andrew his 'Father's Day' big breakfast as well as giving the boys eggs on toast and I just had 1 piece of toast (all good). When Andrew left for golf I then found my way to the pantry and ate half a bag of left over chips and 3 more sausages out of the fridge. I then made the boys lunch and had 3 sandwiches (yes 3) with vegemite and cheese on them. I had had no water for over 24 hours but about 6 coffee's.

This was about the time I started to feel really sick and bloated and had to think of what to make for dinner for Dad and Andrew (Father's Day again). I ended up roasting a chicken with pom pom potato's and left over salad (there was heaps thanks to me not eating bugger all the night before) and dinner rolls.

I finally gave myself a talking to and had a shake and was quite satisfied and not hungry so I sat at the table with the family while they ate tea (no promblems right?......wrong) and I started picking and ended up having 2 dinner rolls with chicken and stuffing on them.

I really have NO IDEA what that was all about because 9/10 times when I ate, I wasn't hungry. I'm not due for my monthly so I can't blame that and I had good choices to make (ie salad) but chose to eat crap........I am so kicking myself today.

This morning I've had my 30g WW cereal and trim milk and a shake for lunch plus 2.5 litres of water and feel 100% better (but not back to normal) and I'm at a loss as to why I did that to myself on the weekend. Looking back, I thought maybe because I was missing my carbs (ie bread) so just went crazy which may be right but I felt horrible, sluggish, bloated afterwards and do not want to eat bread the way I use to (only a month ago).

I have weigh in tomorrow night and pretty much think I have stuffed this week up but it is also my last week of protein shakes and I think I haven't achieved what I wanted (which was to drop a bit of weight faster than I usually do) but I will wait and see what the results are tomorrow night.

I don't think I will give the shakes away completely as I really rate them as far as stopping me snacking (ignore this past weekend) and really filling me up, so I might have one or two a week when I don't have time to eat properly.

OK, this is a horrible negative post and I just HATE being negative and down on myself but I can't hide from what I did and I have left this post to really late in the day (which isn't like me) because I didn't want to post what a bad weekend I'd had but then decided that I wanted to be honest and you guys need to know that there is good and bad weeks (no suprise to anyone I bet) and I have to face up to it rather than hide from it.

Rant over.......

On a brighter note, Leenie is in for her op today and I'm busting to hear from her hubby about how it all went (hurry up Craig!).

7 comments:

Anne said...

Does make you wonder what goes on our heads at times! I also had not such a good weekend, not quite a blow out like yours but picking, wine etc - now today I don't feel like eating (bit of stress there)

Pleased to hear you are back on track! Thanks for your thoughts this morning, I also can't believe it took them that long and now have both lots of fingers crossed.

14pk said...

i have done exactly the same thing....was on fire then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM down and out....

just keep swimmng swimming swimming aye?! we'll get there!!

Christine said...

Same goes for me girl! Don't feel too bad. It happens. Its a roller coaster for sure.

I had a good day today. My score is now tied at 1-1 for the month of September.

Chris H said...

Bummer! I have talked to Helena, she had a good dinner tonight even!!!!! And they put her suit on after she was awake and was FINE... such a relief! Sounds like her experience (so far) is better than mine! Phew! HOpe you do better this week with the food etc mate.

Bel said...

Picking yourself up is the key Rachel!

Don't let one bad day, or even two keep you down.

YOU CAN BLOODY WELL DO THIS!

Bel

Margaret said...

I have a pantry like that too, and a weekend not too dissimilar. But you did and will pick yourself up again and keep going the way you want to.

Will go and give Helena my best wishes. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

you need to forget it and just move on Rach. no point beating yourself up. i believe it's your body saying it needs SOME carbs and that you should listen to it. i think cutting anything out altogether is not a doable long term thing. we need a balanced diet! meaning a balance of good and bad.

you're not alone and noone says you have to be perfect everyday! balance it out Rach and just keep going. you are doing a great job and hey, who doesn't want to eat 3 bbq'd sausages...

you're forgetting that i gorged myself on 11 slices of pizza, yes, i never did tell anyone just how many i had but it was 11!!!!

so dont' feel bad until you can say you ate 11 slices baby LOL

take care hon
xxx