Monday, September 17, 2007

Quiet weekend

Its not very often it happens but I actually had a quiet weekend as far as visitors or visiting which was nice.

I even got quite a bit done around the house.

Saturday was soccer then I had Reece's mate for a few house and when I dropped him home I spent an hour or so having a coffee with his mum.
We are going to a fundraising auction tonight for her daughter's basketball team and she is organising it so we made up a basket (chocolate's, lollies, wine, stuff) to put in the auction plus bought tickets to go and we will more than likely buy a couple of things tonight.......hahaha expensive fundraiser.

Went home and had a hangi (traditional New Zealand Maori meat and vege's cooked underground for 4 or so hours) for dinner (I had half of mine and Andrew finished the rest of mine) which was lovely. Bought from a guy at my work for another fundraiser.

Sunday the weather wasn't very crash hot so the kids and I stayed home while their father went to golf. Had a visit from one of our mates with his two kids at 9am in the morning and then about 10am my housework day kicked in. I managed to clean out both freezers in my house plus the main fridge, then tackled the double pantry and finally the plastic's and crockery cupboard's........*whoa - wipes brow*.
Oh yeah, and then I did all the ironing for the week, made lunches, bathed the kids and got their clothes out for the morning.

I have noticed the first couple of blowflies in the house which is a good sign summer is only around the corner and that Andrew need to 'ripcord' the house to keep those little buggers OUT.

Got to work today and realised I didn't bring my running shoes for the treadmill at the gym (grrr!) but I'm not going to stress about it because there's always tomorrow and I'm hoping to get over there (gym) early as we have got a few slow days at work so I will get extra long at the gym......GOOD PLAN.

Eating on the weekend was my usual - terrible PLUS until last night at about 7pm I don't think I had drank ANY water so downed 1.5 litres which as you can imagine wasn't my brightest idea as I spent half the night up peeing.

Right I'm off to the Australian High Commission here in Wellington NZ to get my passport name changed (to my married name) as I booked my ticket in my married name and forgot I hadn't updated my passport - $234.00 to change my name - how rude!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Can't believe how much you have to pay for the pasport change!!

Sometimes good to have a quiet weekend with not too much on - have a good week Rachel:-)

Jenny said...

Blimey girl, you deserve a quiet weekend.......not that I would have called cleaning out those cupboards & freezers and doing the ironing.......that's the one that gets me every week!!!!!! Have a good day tomorrow at the gym. :)

Anonymous said...

hey got access this morning at work! very exciting to be able to read again.

i like the colour change, very nice.

x

Margaret said...

How rude indeed!

But everything else sounds fantastic. How hard is it to get time to do the plastics cupboard. I am in awe of you doing that AND the crockery in one day.

Hope you have fun at the gym today

Kt said...

ouch @ the pasport name change price!!

a bit jealous you had hangi.... haven't had that in years, the meat is always so tender & good!