Monday, September 10, 2007

Mini challenges

Right I have been thinking and I really don't have any short term goals as far as my weight goes so I decided to join Paulene's Spring 6 week Challenge and put down that I wanted to lose 3.5kgs in that time (0.6kgs per week), I did this last Friday.

But after thinking today, I realised that that isn't very challenging and I wanted to up the antie so I rang my girlfriend and asked her if I could borrow her new top for my Xmas 'do' which she said yes to. The only problem is that I tried it on last week and it was at least a size too small, I loved it that much that I went into Stax (where she got it from) and tried to get myself one but they didn't have a larger size (typical - it was the 1st time I had ever set foot into the shop) so I figure I will need to lose about 5 or 6kgs to fit into it and the work 'do' is usually the first week in November which gives me 7 or 8 weeks........stay with me people.

So I plan to lose 6kgs in 8 weeks which is 750g per week.......yep I reckon I can do that will a bit of planning.

I am NOT doing any exercise and this MUST change so I am going back to Hydro tomorrow night (twice a week) and riding my bike twice a week and my mate (the one with the top) has hand weights which she is going to lend me and show me some 'at home' exercises I can do twice a week which will give me 6 days of moving my butt for that top. Next time I go to her house, I will take a photo of it and give you a visual of what I am striving towards.

Great, good, glad I got that out there.

I am meeting Andrew after work so we can both get a new pair of runners because he has been unwell and has been told he has to do more exercise (golf doesn't count!) so he and his mate are going to start running of a night and I will do my exercise while he is doing that.........sorted!

10 comments:

Chris H said...

They do have some lovely stuff in Stax eh? Good luck with the mini challenge. Does Andrew ever come up to Palmy? I saw a purple chocolate car like his today here.... thought of you guys! oooo chocolate....

Jenny said...

Love the challenge Rachel :) Trying something myself.......got a cousins reunion in mid November (Jim's cousins) and I aim to be down a few kilos. Bloody hard work though LOL :)

Anne said...

I agree with Jenny! It is hard work - but a challenge is always good. Re: the Hydro and the coldness of the water - just try and think it is only that initial 'get in' that is hard, and I'm sure when it's cold - you work a lot harder warming up!

JustJo said...

Hard work? I HEAR YA!! Sounds like you are setting a realistic goal, and I KNOW you will acheive it! :)

Kt said...

Sounds like a great plan Rach, 750gms a week will be hard work but I have no doubt you can do it!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi baby cakes, you can do it!!!! Rach you are an inspiration to me if I was only half as motivated as you. You go girl love you long time + ten dolloar!!!! Jax

Margaret said...

Good luck with the challenge Rachel. And trying to fit into clothes rather than just focussing on a number is a great motivator!

Have a great week :)

Sue said...

Amazing how we all want to get more active now that spring is here!

Christine said...

It's all about challenges. Good for you. We are rooting for you!

Teresa said...

Good luck with the challenge. Thanks for the encouragement.