Thursday, September 27, 2007

Girls and kiddies

3 gorgeous girls and 8 kids (ranging from 3 years old to 12 years old) and we had an absolute BALL.

The kids entertained themselves and all we had to do is call them to the table for dinner and after they scoffed their meal (and pudding) they were off again so we got to sit down and have a nice girlie chat while eating our dinner.

Marinated chicken thighs
Corned silverside
Egg and potato salad
Roast vegetable salad
French bread
Focossia Bread (sp?)
Chocolate self saucing pudding

I managed a small portion of everything and was quite satisfied.
I even had some chocolate pudding which I haven't had for ages and really wasn't that fussed with it.
Oh did I mention I drank nearly 2 bottles of wine *giggle* I wonder how many points that was??? I only had about 4 or 5 glasses but I would describe them more as BUCKETS.

I had a terrible night with Adam who woke up 5 times crying and it took quite a while to get him back to sleep (a bit too much entertainment for the wee fella I think) so I have had a shocking nights sleep but woke up a box of fluffies this morning (go figure?).

Another grey, cold, windy, rainy day in Wellington which is a bit of a bummer for the kids who are on school holiday's as they haven't had a nice day yet and it nearly the end of the first week.

Steps yesterday were 9200 so an improvement on the day before which is all good.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like good fun! Isn't it amazing how kids do that? We put our girls to bed so late the other night, after an incredibly active and busy weekend.. and they were both up the next morning, chirping away, earlier than ever!

Was it you asking me about the Earth to th

Kate said...

whoops.. ignore that typing mistake at the end...

Anne said...

Sounds like a good night!!! Cold and miserable here today as well:-(

Ang said...

This weather is rubbish. GRRR I feel for the kids, not to mention the poor teachers. ;) hehe

Kt said...

I know u probably dont want to know, but 2 bottles of wine is 15 points.
Sometimes its nice to just say SCREW THE POINTS!
and get pissed and have a ball!

Anonymous said...

yay for girlie sessions! :)

Karen said...

Ditto to the others - yay for girlie sessions! We should really organise a dinner out one evening for the gals (before we get to busy for Christmas)!!!

Margaret said...

Great weight loss in last weigh-in. Well done!!

And whooot for great buckets disguising themselves as wine glasses. It's the only way to go LOL.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hi ya chick.... I have been a terrible slack blogger... Omg.. You are flying girl@!!!!
You are soooooooo in the 80's now... Not long and you will be screaming into the 70's!!!
Well done Rachel... I am proud of you .... And you are still drinking as well..wooohooooo
Some things you just dont have to give up to lose weight.... I can vouch for that!!!!

Anne said...

Where is our Rachel today?? Hope you had a great weekend!