Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weigh in

Loss: 1.1kg
Total loss: 23.5kg
Current Weight: 86.8kg

Told ya I have been feelin' great and this weeks result just proves it. A little bit more exercise in my life ALWAYS helps with the scale results and I know that but it is just hard to do sometimes.
I also managed to keep my pedometer on for a whole day and clocked up 8648 steps which I intend to improve on today........on fire baby!

Things I have noticed over the last few months:

When I got to buy alcohol from the grocery store and the 16 something year old rings for a Supervisor to 'check' I am over age - they don't even look at me now, they just say 'yep'....*sigh* I keep telling them "can't you just LOOK to make me feel better"......LOL. They must think I'm pathetic.

When I go somewhere (ie. out for dinner etc) the young waiters always call me madam now instead of miss......hahaha.

A young man (approx. 15 years old) opened a door for me the other day and said "There you go lady" as if I was 90 years old *big, lung filled sigh*...I'm getting old.

I really don't mind, in fact I do have a bit of a giggle most of the time but it seems I am noticing these things more and more and realise my youth is fading away into middle age. I remember my parents always saying to me that they might have been 40 but they only felt 25 and I have to agree with them, the unfortunately thing about that is I'M STARTING TO SOUND LIKE MY MOTHER - eeekkkkkkk.

Raining today in the Capital of NZ and pretty cold as well which doesn't help me with my water intake - oh well, suck it in Rachel and just drink it!

Two of my girlfriends have their husbands away on business so they are having a 'pot luck' dinner at one of their houses (the one with the biggest house) and me and the kids are going as well (3 women, 8 kids) so we (the women) are going to drink LOTS of wine and hope this helps us with not hearing the 8 children who will be running around like mad things because they are so excited to see each other. I am taking a HUGE corned silverside with 2 french sticks of bread, our host is doing chicken pieces with a MASSIVE salad and the 3rd lady is doing dessert which means there will be heaps of choice for me (apart from the dessert) and awesome company.
Hubby is going to drop me and the kids off and then pick us up when we are ready to come home (good man!) so I don't have to worry about how much I drink (well I do but you know what I mean). I'll try and remember to take my camera.

Right better go and do some work......chow

4 comments:

Anne said...

What a nice big loss! Over half way now Rachel!!!

Have a fun time with your friends:-)

Lee-Anne said...

What a fantastic loss. You must be feeling fantastic. Enjoy your get together sounds like a great night.


Don't forget the camera.

Jenny said...

Well done kiddo :) Seems like you are on fire too!!! LOL having read your post......I had to laugh.....imagine the looks I get with grey hair!!!!!! Still feel young at heart though. This eating right & moving more sure does make you feel so much better.
Have a great night :)

Anonymous said...

fantastic work babe :)