Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Helena Update

Hi guys and gals, just to let you know that Helena has come through the op wonderfully and even had something to eat last night.

Craig's text to me last night:

Hulo craig here, leenie is awake and starving she is feeling quite narrow she is happy and chatty

How cool is that!! If you pop over to her blog, her hubby (Craig) has updated and will hopefully update again today.

Protein shakes:
I am feeling 100% better today and have been having my protein shakes and drinking loads of water.

Had a nice hot bath when I got home and jumped into bed and read my book which I bought at the Spring Fair on the weekend (Watermelon by Marian Keyes).


**********GUESS WHAT??????????**********

Helena just txt me as I was typing this update to tell me that the Doc took off 9.8kgs (500g with lipo) and because she weighed in at 102kgs on the hospital scales, she now weighs womewhere in the region of 92-93kgs.............*sqeals with delight*, she is SO HAPPY and is up brushing her hair and teeth......wahoo!

Oh Oh another 'guess what'??

I've just spoken to her on the phone and she is feeling fantastic, eaten twice and been up and about. The nurses and doctor are totally amazed that she is doing so much and said she could more than likely go home tomorrow (originally it was to be Thursday). She has been taken off the 'hard' drugs and is now just on one pain killer and panadol.....wow!

Right I've been gas bagging to her and typing this for the last hour so I'd better get some work done me thinks....

4 comments:

Anne said...

Good to hear Helena is going so well!!

Love the Watermelon book - I've read all of hers!

Chubbymum said...

OH MY God is she amazing or what!!!??

In just a day she is doing that...

Just want to slap her (in a nice way he he he)....

Woohoooo Leenie... under the hundreds OMG how great is that.
That is like 80 kilos lost OMG

Mandz

Chris H said...

I am completely blown away by her recovery!!!! Maybe the fact that I herroraged during my surgery had something to do with me not doing so well after the same surgery eh? Seems I'm a bloody bleeder ..... obviously! Hope your day goes well, we are coming down on sunday to see Karen in hospital (Pack Your Bags Big C) after her cancer operation and will try and visit Leenie in the afternoon. Maybe we will see you toooo !

Christine said...

Glad to hear that she is feeling better. Also happy to hear that you are going good too!!