Monday, August 14, 2006

Good food and good company

What a lovely weekend I've had, I can't say THAT every weekend.

Saturday I really didn't do much apart from housework plus look after a sick little boy (Adam), just teething I think as he was just grissly with red cheeks etc.... He seemed fine today.
Saturday night Jo came for dinner and I made a yummy sweet chilli chicken breasts that I got from Paulene and also made Felicity's salad which was just 'to die for' with Foccosia (spelling?) bread. Ate that meal well within points as I had planned for it and hadn't eaten lunch (only breakfast) but alas I fell over when we got out the Mini eclairs that I got from the supermarket because I was too lazy to make a dessert *sigh* I have looked and looked in my points books and can't for the life of me find out how much they are worth - Pam's Mini Eclairs, anyone?

Sunday Reece had a birthday party to go to in Lower Hutt that went from 10am - 1.30pm, drop off optional (definately!). Got there at 10am and told Andrew I would go in for 30 minutes or so just until Reece was comfortable and then he (and Adam) could come back and get me and we would go for a wander around Westfields. At 10.30am they had 'Harry the Clown' turn up and he was awesome, I laughed and laughed (oh - so did the kids) but didn't watch the clock and when he had finished it was 11.30am and Andrew and Adam weren't happy little campers...hehe. We went to Westfields and had a look around and a bit to eat at the foodcourt (I had a kebab and counted it at 6 points?) and then we headed back to the party to pick up Reece.

We carried onto Big Save Furniture to price some sofa beds and nearly had a heartattack at the prices ($900 onwards for what we wanted), needless to say Trademe will be our next port of call. Headed home and I tried to lay down with Adam as he wasn't well (still) but needed a sleep and wouldn't leave my site. I managed to get an hour and a half (broken sleep) which was better than nothing. Ended up having left-overs for dinner (yum) and watched The Longest Yard movie on TV (love Adam Sandler) and then off to bed.

All in all an enjoyable weekend had by all.

Got up early this morning as it is Andrew's first day at Cadbury's and I wanted to make sure we were all organised as I had to take the kids to Kohanga and then drop Andrew off (he will be getting his company car today) and managed to get the kids and Andrew to work early ...love that!

I am still being slack with my exercise and I need a good ole kick in the butt. I weigh in tomorrow night and told Andrew I will be going to aqua straight after plus I have still been taking the stairs at work (3 floors up) rather than the lift which is OK (not getting easier either) but will have to get a bit more focused. All in all, I am quite looking forward to my first weigh in back at WW as I feel I have been really good (compared to anything else I have done over the last 2 years) and think the scales will show it (fingers crossed).

By the way - does anyone know why my side bar has repositioned itself at the bottom of the page? How do I fix it?

4 comments:

Ang said...

ooooh ooooh ooh - I sooooo can't wait for your result. You are going to kick butt girl.

Anything with the word "mini" in it has to be good for you. lol.

I think your sidebar is down there because of the __________________ you used a couple of posts ago, and tonights one has some funnny spaces at the end??????????????????????????

Rachel said...

Thanks 'a' the _________ was the problem, thanks.

Rachel

Carla said...

in good old fashioned miss piggy styles "higghhhhhhhh YAAAAAAA"!!! thats me kicking your butt btw! :p

but hey, seriously, all the little things you are doing (taking the stairs etc) definatly do help, and are now becoming habits, ROCK ON!

those mini eclairs are banned in my house.... i cannot stop at one or two... YUMMMM!

Kate said...

Glad you had a good weekend!! I've never tried one of those mini eclairs but they sound dangerous :-)