Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Righto - Over it

G'Day there, I am feeling much better today.

Got home last night and Andrew told me he got a job with Cadbury's that he really wanted and starts next week............yeeha! This is good because he gets a company car which will save a huge amount of money for us as we currently run 2 cars and one is a Nissan Patrol 4x4 that costs about $70 a week to fill (no kidding!). Plus it will be great getting back to 2 incomes again as for the last 2 or 3 years he has been only working part time and looking after the kids and it has been a major stress when it come to money, so I am REALLY happy and relieved for him and us as a family.

We decided to leave the kids with their Pop and go up to the Cossie club for a meal and some drinks to celebrate, now for the people out there who know me - I'm not a drinker but yet I managed to polish off one and a half bottles of wine and between 5 - 7 gin, lime and lemonaide's (my memory on that one is a bit fuzzy).

But the best thing about last night was being alone together to have a good talk. I told him how down I was and that I needed a bit of 'Rachel' time and he agreed. His first thought was that I wanted to go to my mate Jax for a holiday (she lives in Whangarei) which would be awesome (love ya Jax) but we just don't have the money to do that (not yet anyway). I told him that I really need something else to help me with my weightloss as it is consuming me at the moment and because I am not getting on top of it, I am getting really down. We talked about when I was doing really well and losing lots of weight and put it down to me being at Weight Watchers. I didn't use to hang around for the meetings but just the accoutability of going every week and stepping on those scales was a major boost, so as of tonight I am re-joining (for about the 5th time) but I have vowed to stay for the meetings as well for the extra support. Then I am going to concentrate on the exercise, I really don't know if the answer is joining a gym or not but will talk about this at the meetings. I now feel I have a wee bit of control left and feel alot better.

Thanks for all your supportive comments as they really meant alot. I know all the right answers but sometimes I just need to be reminded of them and having time for myself is something I haven't done for years. Onwards and upwards!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for feeling more positive, and for making great positive choices and moving forward :-)

Askazombiehousewife said...

Just do your best
and good luck with the new job

Anonymous said...

Good on you for making a decision that you are happy with hun.. Sometimes we do things because of money or because of what others think we need but you have made the right decision for you...

Woohoo for hubby too that is fantastic for the whole family that is for sure.

I know what you mean about having time out we all need it that is for sure. That is why I work part time and I have one day to myself and the other days with the kids because I need me time and to get things done and see friends and just be!!!

I am glad you are feeling more positive hun.

BIG HUGS

Love CM
P.S thanks for the comments and support... you are a gem.
xxooxx

Karen said...

Woohoo for Andrew getting the job! That is such great news hun! I am so pleased for the you and the family! And great that you were able to go out for dinner last night and talk about everything and that Andrew was so understanding.
Yay for rejoining WW and remember we are right here behind ya 110%!!!
Take care *hugs*

Ang said...

Sounds like you got a few things sorted!

I never thought I would "need" the support of ww. But really it does make you accountable!

Anonymous said...

Jax said, I feel famous having been quoted in your blogger, great about the job my friend, cried when I read your Mondays blog! Ive been there too mate, however a few gins (gotta be the answer)doh all with diet tonic!!!! Glad I can finally reply. Spot ya later!

Anne said...

Firswt of all great news on the job - sounds like you had fun celebrating!!

I had many attempts at WW - but the only one time it worked for me was when I stayed for the meetings. Sometimes they seemed a little repetative but the main thing I found was talking to others, hearing how they coped, getting ideas from them. Good luck - you can do it!!