Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Plodding along

Not much happening in my neck of the woods this week (shock horror!!!)........LOL

Been a good food girl and a bad exercise girl, I'm sitting here thinking of why I am a bad exercise girl and I can't come up with an answer. I have my bike sitting in the garage all ready to go and my legs are working fine so there isn't an excuse apart from the truth - lazy, lazy, lazy.

Have had a couple of busy days at home just with the kids and housework etc as Andrew has been working some long hours and I have been 'johnny on the spot'. I am amazed at how much he does do at home until he isn't there doing it :) He is a good boy - sometimes -.

Challenge to myself before the end of the week - GET ON THAT BIKE GIRL!

I had a really yummy chicken thingy last night that was in the crockpot all day (mmmmmmm), simple as anything. It was about 6 or 8 chicken thighs (skinned) in the bottom with 1 large onion and about 10 mushrooms with salt and pepper and a tin of 'chopped Indian spices tomatos'. I found this new flavour in the 'tinned tomato' range on Monday night while picking up a few things from pak n save and it is really yummy - not to hot or spicy but enough to know it's there. Just cooked it all day on low (approx. 9 hours) and it was divine when Andrew and I had it last night.

That's me for today girls.............talk to you soon

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yum that crockpot receipe sounds delicous!!! Might have to try it myself one day soon as I'm always complaining about not using the crockpot often enough!
I promise we will catch up soon!

Kate said...

Oooh I'd love a crockpot - all the recipes sound so nice :-)

Anne said...

I use the crockpot a lot over the winter months. Have tried a similar recipe to your chicken one and it was delicious. Have a good week - and good luck with the exercising!!!