Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You can't beat Wellington on a good day

What a lovely sunny, warm day it is today - just makes ya feel good.

I had the new Chicpea curry WW dinner last night and must admit I didn't think much of it unfortunately. The curry sauce was divine but the chicpea's were tasteless???
I had some extra vege's with it as the spoonful of rice and 1 or two beans and brocolli just wasn't enough for me plus some vogels bread (love that!!!) and I was still under my points for the day.

Today I have tried the new berry WW cereal as I have just finished a box of Orchard fruits WW cereal and it was yummy. The berry one is just as nice if not nicer and as it is weigh in day (tonight at 6.30pm) I am drinking gallons of water (rather than this evening when I usually drink most of my water) which is a bit of a struggle. Lunch will consist of vitaweats with cottage cheese and pickles (YUMMO!!!) and I will have dinner AFTER weigh in.......hehehehe, every little bit counts.

Thanks for the kind words about my insensitive husband and his nail gun. He told me this morning that he has decided to take the nail gun back and get a cement mixer WTF?????
So I asked him what he intends to do with that and he reckons he is going to eventually re-do the driveways as they are cracked. I suggested that finishing the deck and fences would be good before he even thinks about the driveways but he had retreated to his 'cave' and wasn't listening to me.

I meant to mention that on the WW cereals packs there are some really yummy recipes with points value etc...

Apricot Crumble
Serves:4
Points per serve: 5 1/2

825g canned apricots, drained and chopped
1.5 cups (140g) WW orchard fruits cereal
1.5 tbs honey
50g WW canola spread, melted
cooking oil spray
Low fat yoghurt to serve (optional)

Preheat oven to 180, lightly spray dish with cooking spray
Put apricots in the prepared dish
In another bowl, combine the cereal, canola spread and honey
Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown

Serve with low-fat yoghurt (add 1/2 point for 50g)

Sounds good ay? I think I might try it on the weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL when I read he retreated to his cave, I have never heard that before or is it the fact I had a liquid luch????? Good luck tonight and write in early tommorrow i will just be dyign to hear!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you long time - you know who

Ang said...

I am such a cereal junkie, and the ww berry one is my absolute FAVOURITE!!! yum yum yum.

Makes a great snack too. lol

Chubbymum said...

What an incentive thing to do.. doesn't he know that it is the thought that counts and that it was a present to him and to take it and not complain hmmmmm big hugs my friend xoooox

Love Chubbymum