Friday, August 18, 2006

What a blast!!!

Went out with Karen, Helena, Jo (Birthday Girl), Rose and Karen to the Trentham Carvery on Wednesday night for dinner and we had such a good time. We all laughed so hard that our cheeks hurt. We were definately the loudest table in the place but didn't care.

Foodwise I was excellent as I had only had my toast for breakfast and then 3 kiwifruits during the day so I would have enough points in case I needed them but I really didn't. I had a small dinner roll and pumpkin soup for starters and then for main I had a wee bit of pork, two slices of beef, 1 small piece of potato, 1 piece of Kumra, 1 piece of cauliflower (with cheese sauce), 1 small spoonful of some sort of pasta bake (average) and heaps of carrots and cabbage - I would have had more cabbage but HELENA took it all........................hahahahaha, just joking mate! That's it, no dessert but a few glasses of wine and 1 gin, lime and lemonaide (YUM!). I felt excellent at the end of the meal and not full at all, just comfortable.

Yesterday was quite a nice day (work and home) and my eating is right on track. I was never a WW cereal girl as I just don't like there variety of cereals but at our meeting on Tuesday night they told us about the new range so I went and picked up the 'Orchard Fruits' and it is divine!

THE TRICK to Toilet training - As most of you know, I have a 'just turned two year old' in my house and I have decided that I wasn't going to rush him into toilet training because I tried doing that with Reece and he just resisted and ended up not being toilet trained until he was 3..............anyway, I went to pick the boys up from Kohanga on Wednesday and the teacher asked if they could now have 'pull-ups' for Adam as he is practically toilet trained. I said 'what? toilet trained' and they said that he has been going to the toilet for a couple of day's now without a problem.
I took him home and they had only put a pair of undies on him, so I asked if he wanted to go to the toilet and he said 'yes mummy', so I took him off and put him on the loo - HERE IS THE TRICK - I sat him (as advised by Kohanga) on the toilet backwards, yep facing the back of the toilet and let him go and he sat there without falling backwards and thinking he was going to fall off as all his weight was leaning forward and he went! He then hopped off put his undies back on and off he went AMAZING! I have been doing this for 2 days now and he has only had one accident but that was because he was calling me to go but I was in another room and couldn't hear him. Admittedly he hasn't done 'number 2's' yet - he waits until we put him bedtime nappy on but I'm sure that will come soon....................I am such a proud Mummy. So to all you mother's out there who want to start toilet training, try that and see what happens :)

I am helping a friend move house tomorrow and then going to our old neiboughs for dinner (chinese) so will be taking my WW takeout book with me. Have a good weekend everyone.

Right back to work I go.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Bet you all had fun!! You did well with your food. I have the new cereal and like it - I have it with yoghurt and it's quite filling.

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach, not fair I wanna go out to tea and laugh with friends, I miss you plus I have put on weight and it sux!!! I seem to get down about everything when that happens, im sure you can relate!!

Hope you have a good weekend, love you 10 dollar, J

Carla said...

ohhhh mate i SO have to email you when im ready to TT! lol you have it sussed! *so jealous!* i heard you all had a great time the other night, well done!!!

Karen said...

Yay for the toilet training for your gorgeous wee boy!!!
Have a great weekend - might see you at some stage :)

Margaret said...

What a great idea. My little one has just turned two and loves the idea of going to the toilet but I haven't started training him seriously yet. This could be the trick.

Thanks :)

And way to go with your weight challenge. You are doing really well :D