Monday, August 07, 2006

Major blowout..........bugger!

900grams up..............I would like to say 'How did that happen' but unfortunately I know. After being a diet queen Monday - Friday, the weekend rolled around and I just went crazy.
McDonald's Friday night, chocolate biscuits and popcorn while watching a movie, subway (foot long) and then about 6 slices of bread for breakfast BOTH morning.......why, why, why???
PLUS I didn't do my 'challenge' and get my ass on that bike of mine.

I'm not making any excuses for doing it as I usually have a bad weekend but this one tops the list of 'worst weekend' for quite some time.

I had quite an emotional weekend as well, TOM is due which doesn't help I know but I had a fight with Andrew on Saturday morning and that is still going, I am JUST talking to him.
Plus I had figured I would get the washing done Saturday morning as it was such a beautiful day (which I did) and then got the kids bundled up in the car so we could take the DVD's back to the video store and head to the park and by the time we got there it was raining and clever Mum didn't bring any raincoats (I really didn't think it was suppose to rain?). So we drove around for 30 minutes or so just to keep them occupied, Adam fell asleep so I thought I'd better head home. Once home I tried to transfer the little angel into his bed but OH NO, not on your nelly was he having a bar of that which meant he was up all day without a sleep (apart from 5 minutes in the car) and was in a foul mood and decided taking it out on his brother would be fun.........NOT! It got so bad with them fighting that I ended up sitting on the couch crying (which got their attention) and I NEVER do that. They settled down a bit after that (for at least an hour) while I got dinner started. Their father got home at about 5.30pm, we ate dinner about 6pm and he was asleep on the couch by 7pm. I eventually got the kids bathed and into bed and thought I would head off to bed about 9pm to read my book and then he woke up and started moaning about 'what a great Saturday night this is' with all of us in bed by 9pm just when he wakes up............boo bloody hoo!

Sunday I was up by 7.30pm (sleep in really) but Andrew stayed on the couch all morning while I feed him and the kids and then I hit a brick wall and lost the plot. I told him that if he could go out for 6 hours (golf the day before) and then spend his day on the couch doing nothing then I was heading out for the day myself. I jumped into my car and off I went (didn't know where at that stage) I ended up at Westfield's and decided to look for a new pair of boots for work as I am living in one pair at the moment. Couldn't find any shoes but managed to get myself 2 tops for work in Farmers, so I headed to No.1 Shoe store and got myself a nice pair of shoes which come to my ankles with little zips up the side (god knows why but it looks nice) and they only cost me $60.00 the ones in Westfields were between $189 - $220.00 - I don't think so!

Got another DVD for us on the way home (River Queen - hated it and turned it off half way through) and got home to see Andrew still on the couch with his blanky and the kids demolishing the house *sigh*. I ignored this and cooked dinner and for some reason didn't get to bed unit 11.30pm..............not a great weekend to say the least BUT what I wanted to say is, while in Westfields I noticed heaps of couples where the women was overweight and their partner and kids weren't and it reminded me of my family. All of these women looked untidy and unkept and all there rolls etc were showing and I had to go to the toilets as I just started bawling. I looked at myself in the toilet mirror and thought "Oh my god, I look like that" and it was really depressing because all those women didn't realise that they looked like slobs (just like me) and it was just humiliating realising that I look like that. So after my wee cry, I went to Subway (instead of the foodcourt where I wouldn't have been really bad) and then home.

Today I am wearing one of my new tops and my new shoes and I feel heaps better plus I also bought some Revlon age defying makeup that my sister put me onto (which I forgot to put on but I will tomorrow) as I have never wore foundation or much make-up really and I think it is about time I took better care of my appearance. So this coupled with my healthly eating (weekends included) and exercise (I am SO getting on that damn bike tonight) I am going to stop mopping about and do something.

I love reading your blogs out there that are so focused on exercise and I just want to know how I can get there??? One day soon ------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel... the exercise and how you can get focussed on it... WEELLL hun just do it!! Book the time and do it!! Get a personal trainer or a friend that will challenge you and get out and do it my friend. I find it is time for me as I am a taxi driver for everyone in my family that the gym is the place where I am me and not mum, daughter, wife..

Book it! Do It!!! and you will love it.. It takes 21 days they say.

Also hun I sooo hear ya about the blowout this weekend!! I right there with ya!! My TOM destroys me food wise and I know when I am getting it but controlling it is another issue he he he.

PS thanks for the comment!! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there that has the parent problem ya know.

Love ya
Chubbymum

Helena said...

Hi gorgeous, I'm not an expert on families or have the experience to comment, but all I can say is ... YOU. You need some you time and you need to tell your family that they need to make time for you every now and again. Mum needs to be happy and healthy to help her family be happy and healthy. I seem to be bumping into so many women our age at the moment that are saying and experiencing the same thing you are. I'm sure all the mums on here can give you advice to juggle home and family, but hon, all I can say is find yourself, demand some time and just do it. You did it yesterday and the place didnt fall apart without you for a couple of hours did it? I'm just bummed you didnt ring me and take me shopping with you! LOL Speaking of which, if you wanna walking buddy gimme a txt I might just be free *hugs*

Karen said...

*hugs* hun... sorry to hear you had a rough weekend. Am only always a phone call away if you wanna a chat or a catch up over coffee or shopping...
And like Helena says - do ensure you always make time for YOU! You are important and YOU do count!
Take care

Ang said...

** hugs **

Hang in there Rachel.